Everson was robbed of Mr. Football

Bruin27

Wes you have no class sometimes. People can't even state an opinion without you trashing them with your mouth. Hill should have gotten it maybe last year but he didn't have quiet the year that the other two had. If it is truly a Mr. Football for 2003 then give it based on this year. Hill is an outstanding player no doubt. If you saw the Milan vs. Westview games this year he was not even the best back on the field. There are several factors that need to be considered when you look at it.

Bottom line is Lewis County saw three backs better than Hill. Cothran - Fairview, Willis- Bruceton (Scrimmage), and Golder- Riverside. Ask Huntingdon for an assessment on this year only and they will confer with me they played all of them.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The people that get on here and say someone was 'robbed' started all this. Mr. Football has turned into a career award and Mr. Hill deserved it.

He ran for over 1300 yards and 20 TD's and did not play in two of Westview's games. He did this in a season where a number of very good players graduated the year before. He also ran behind a completely different offensive line. Furthermore, Westview was in a new system from the previous year and everyone had to learn it.

If you were not impressed with Hill after the Milan game, then there is nothing anyone can do about it. Rod Smith is a player and we will be able to get on here next year and congradulate him on his Mr. Football award and a state Championship. :o

Ask Hunintingdon's coaching staff which player they do not want to play twice on one year, and I'll bet they say Rafael Hill.

Congratulations Rafeal Hill, You deserved it! :rolleyes:

Hey, looks like I was the first to say it!!!!

Mr. Everson, I know that Austen was honored for being among that great crowd and being considered for the award. I know that he would rather be in this game an Sat. than be Mr. football and be sitting at home but, he already had this weekend ahead of him. He deserves the award and that is all I was saying. I wasn't saying that he said that, I know him very well and know that he is not concerned with things like Mr. Football. He would rather have an academic award or a sportsmanship award, which if they had them he would win. I also know you very well and if this is you I am surprized that you reacted as you did. As for Sat., I wish I could make it but Coach Pinkel has us here for winter workout's, did you figure it out yet? GO MIZZOU

GO BRUINS

This is from 2 houses down...Can you believe it has been 4 years since we watched the Woodland vs Page MS Championship game? Seems like yesterday! This is it guy! The one we have been waiting for and talking about for YEARS. I have seen this game played a thousand times in my yard and the results are always the same! I know you join me in saying how proud we are of all the guys and especially THE FELLAS. We thank God for the opportunity to see them all grow into great young men that reflects the morals and traits we all strive to instill in them. Austen has been a joy to know and has served as the leader both on and off the field. Thank you for allowing my family to be a part of his life and thank you for all the help and dedication you have contributed to the program. It's Gonna Be!

hey bruin27 - I wasn't picking on you. I knew that you knew how Austen felt - it was more for those who might have felt he was disappointed - those who don't know him well. Sorry you can't make it to State Championship Game. You also helped make this program what it is today.

Also, DAD1 - yes, it's about to end, but what a way to go out, huh?? Thanks for all your sweat to make the Bruins and Team Brentwood what they are. Thanks for welcoming us in and for all you've done to encourage our "wimpy little QB" - #11.

This from 2 rooms over. I would just like to tell #2 Jr. how proud I am of him. No matter what happens on Saturday night, I am so very proud of you. Overcoming adversity,(injury and YOU KNOW WHO) to become the football player that we all knew that you could be. You said that you were going to do it and now you and your BROTHERS have the chance to play in the biggest game of your lives. This is it, The Ship, The Big Dance, whatever you want to call it. Just be thankful that you have the chance and remember it will be the last game of your life, so don't bring anything home with you. Leave it all on the field. Everything that you have been working for, your whole athletic career can be summed up into one night. Just play your game and leave nothing on the field and you will be a State Champ. Remember what our Hero said," If you have pride and dedication and never quit you will be a winner. For the Price of Victory is high, but so are the Rewards" Don't go out there and win one for" Williamson County" go out and bring one home for yourself and for all of the boys you have been with for the past 6 years. Good luck little bro!

And to Austen, tough break kid. We all thought that you deserved it, but if I know you like I think I do, all that matters is that you are playing on Saturday and that is what makes you a true leader. I love you like a brother and have enjoyed watching you grow up, good luck on Saturday. As soon as this football thing is over with I promise we will get you a deer.

I think this thread was about Everson....then you go and trash some other running backs...for you see my man...you talk about what Hill done for his team...and you are probably right no one is arguing that....our hat is off to Mr. Hill....but as far as Cothran not being your so called best back that Lewis County has seen let me sorta tell you about him..since you are talking helping thier team and accomplishments...Cothran rushed for almost 2100 yards...help carry his team to the second round playoffs further than any other Fairview team...scored 212 out of the teams 310 points scored this year..played omly two quarters of four games...had over 70 tackles on defense...3 interceptions and two passes for tds.......was the go to guy in the playoffs and scored every point in the playoffs..lets not forget that he handled the punting duties as well..which he averaged about 45 yards per punt...maitains a 4.0 his senior yesr with a 3.6 gpa overall...so yes people will argue when you bring up the point that what the Trophy is meaning ful overall...I think that Cothran congradulated Hill..and I do as well...I just don't think taht this thing was done for overall what a player has done..I think the west Tenn, news papers rule ....but thats my thought......again congrads to Hill..good luck in the future..as for Everson ..the best QB in the state...bring home the real trophy...you know the one that is won by playing in front of everyone.... :D

if i had the choice i would rather play against Hill twice in a season. he didnt seem to have as much this year as last year and seemed to try to do more than he could. on the other hand, cothran never stopped. he wore us out in the 1st round and he was the best back i saw this year

Lots of folks deserve awards and don't get them. I do think it's in poor taste to run down someone who gets the award because you think your guy deserves it more.

It's impossible to prove one deserves it over another unless the award was based entirely on numbers....and it isn't.

Del.