LA vs CPA - the rematch

theawesomebro

On 11/21/2021 at 7:51 AM, Playerscoach said:

Ingle is the best coach in the state per some of the best coaches so if anyone can make this a game he can. With that being said it’s a huge challenge. No they won’t make all the catastrophic miscues they did the first game but even that likely won’t be enough to make up the difference in points. 

LA by 7.

I liked his twitter tweet that was saying recruiting has gotten way of control in high school. He is correct, leave the recruiting to the  colleges.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 1:55 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Being from RuCo, the example that instantly came to mind was in 2006 when Smyrna lost to Riverdale 49-0 then turned around and beat them 9-7 in the playoffs, so it has happened before

Believe I was there when it happened.  Riverdale couldn’t get out of it’s own way.  Smyrna did score late on a lucky Hail Mary in which to DB’s collided with each other.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:47 AM, Rastus said:

Count the long ball TD  to London Humphries that was called back by holding then the 38-0 is at least 38-7 but was most likely going to be very close because it was even thru most of the first Q and part of the 2nd. London Humphries will be best athlete on the field and Broome the best football player. QB for each is vital and both are capable of being the star.  Not sure either coach has a surprise for the other, so that means whichever wins the line play will win the game. LA will not get the gift of a fumble deep from a kid who tries too hard and is firey on each play he is in. That is 2 big momentum shifts that will not play out again. CPA LB corps will play Broome running better, but the 2 bugaboo weaknesses all year will be evident again. CB coverage and wide play coverage will be a  CPA weakness and bad snaps are a possible game changer which has happened often. LA had Oakland down early and CPA had Oakland on the ropes late, both CPA and LA have proven talent. CPA will be ready and may need to win the toss and establish the game on offense to pull off the turn around. Gold ball is the continuing motto from all year.  Weather and early kickoff are confounders. What say Booger for his hometown hosting? One touchdown either way, much as last year in Cookeville.

CPA 10th graders  have played more in playoffs that reg season, and CPA is healthier going in to this one than reg season matchup.

not so sure they still shouldnt be playin this thing somewhere in the middle .....but the middle area schools shouldnt have travel advantages every year either

.....awesome venue in chattanooga @rastus....and the weather gonna be crazy gooood to watch some goldball contest

Booger just sayin :thumb:

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

Back breaking final 1:30, lots of work to do for the lions 

Yep. While a much cleaner than game 1 by CPA, still too many mistakes.  CPA had to play a near perfect game in order to win and simply did not.  CPA’s starting RB having to make tackles in Q4 - just too much LA.

Edited by JRB
Typo

34 minutes ago, JRB said:

Yep. While a much cleaner than game 1 by CPA, still too many mistakes.  CPA had to play a near perfect game in order to win and simply did not.  CPA’s starting RB having to make tackles in Q4 - just too much LA.

LA was loaded, and I don’t think they are going anywhere, wouldn’t surprise me to see them bump up to Division II-3A soon 

56 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

LA was loaded, and I don’t think they are going anywhere, wouldn’t surprise me to see them bump up to Division II-3A soon 

LA has skirted the line for years with their enrollment numbers.  I think football is the only sport where they are playing down so now with a D2 ship, I too can see them moving up.  Good time to move-up as I think DII-AAA has been down, overall, the past two years.

2 hours ago, JRB said:

LA has skirted the line for years with their enrollment numbers.  I think football is the only sport where they are playing down so now with a D2 ship, I too can see them moving up.  Good time to move-up as I think DII-AAA has been down, overall, the past two years.

i am curious what you mean by "skirted the line"?  a quick google search shows that for the 2021 classification, enrollment numbers for the largest 4 AA schools are as follows: CPA - 448, LA - 453, Webb - 494, Chatt Christian - 525.  doesn't look like LA is even close to skirting a line.  it looks like they are exactly where they are supposed to be.  FWIW, BA is the smallest AAA with 461, so LA would be the smallest AAA school if they moved up.   I do think they could move up and play with those schools as could CPA.

in any case i'm proud of the season Lipscomb put together.  

LA had a great year and should be proud.  We have quite a few friends there.  

Years ago I heard there was talk to drop the "AAA line" from 530 to 450 and pick up CPA, LA, etc to create a 16 team AAA region.  At the time, LA's enrollment hovered (skirted sounds sinister) around the 450 line. No grief intended.