Webb School

Tennesseepicks

On 12/2/2021 at 10:06 AM, cbg said:

Webb is a boarding school so in all honesty the lines are a little more blurred when it comes to recruiting than if they were just a private day school.  The key piece to the puzzle and the recent success at Webb is Ken Cheeseman (Head of School) who has been around boarding schools most of his life.  Ken is also a former college athlete at the University Of Virginia so he understands that strong athletics makes for a much better boarding school life.  Just look no further than Baylor who won’t a state championship in baseball last season and the rumor is that they  only hand three players from Tennessee on the roster.  When carefully examining TSSAA D2 athletics just look at the facilities, economic resources, coaching staffs, academics, academic support staff, etc… and it’s  no wonder that families want their children in those environments.  Right or wrong athletics in the TSSAA D2 schools is  very similar to small college athletics.  

It is rather foolish to say that Athletics at division 2 schools is very similar to small college athletics. That is certainly the case with some, but for many your statement is far from the truth.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:27 AM, pioneer42 said:

We played them both. We beat Ensworth by 15 this summer and they said real quick that 2 of their best players were out and we played Webb three weeks ago and lost by 15. They have a 6 ‘ 7 D 1 post and D 1 players from all over the world so not saying they can’t be beat but they will be better than all teams on paper. 

Ensworth was missing quite a bit throughout the summer. I know Jaloni Cambridge missed quite a bit of summer traveling basketball. She’s an unbelievable talent. I’m sure they had some of there players but I know of 3-4 girls who don’t get varsity time were getting a lot of minutes this summer. 

Either way it’s a good summer win. 

Edited by Ballfan4562