Top assistants in the state?

falcon039

18 hours ago, TheBest2018 said:

Why not 1a or 2a?? i know some real good assistants over here in the valley that coach small ball (marion, south pitt, bledsoe) and could coach at any level.  just done understand why you left them out

And some fly under the radar many times.  You sometimes find those coaches that love to self promote themselves by sharing everything on social media.  Never understood why someone wants all of their business to be on blast, other than for attention.

1 hour ago, TheTelfordTank said:

And some fly under the radar many times.  You sometimes find those coaches that love to self promote themselves by sharing everything on social media.  Never understood why someone wants all of their business to be on blast, other than for attention.

Unfortunately it's not about having everyone in your business, you have to self promote yourself now days and social media engagement is the biggest way to do it. Especially when all you're doing is networking with coaches, promoting your program and sharing ideas.    

2 hours ago, TheTelfordTank said:

I will agree with you.  The main reason for me picking the larger schools, is strictly because of the size of staffs and resources.  I am sure there are really good ones all over the state, regardless of class.  Small school sensitive I see.

I like your reply, but see that you couldn't resist one last jab. I also agree that you made it a point to exclude 1A/2A from your vague and pointless observation. If you need proof to the contrary, just look at Trenton Peabody's staff...they have proven past head coaches down to the middle school level, and names get thrown out for the biggest jobs open in West TN. on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheTelfordTank said:

I will agree with you.  The main reason for me picking the larger schools, is strictly because of the size of staffs and resources.  I am sure there are really good ones all over the state, regardless of class.  Small school sensitive I see.

yes i am partial to small school ball.  thats basically all we have in the rural part of tn that i live in.  i see first hand how much the coaches do daily with little funding or help from the outside.  

57 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I like your reply, but see that you couldn't resist one last jab. I also agree that you made it a point to exclude 1A/2A from your vague and pointless observation. If you need proof to the contrary, just look at Trenton Peabody's staff...they have proven past head coaches down to the middle school level, and names get thrown out for the biggest jobs open in West TN. on a regular basis.

There are good coaches everywhere!  One thing that is unfortunate, is the fact that school administrators are limiting the opportunities to have more Teacher/Coaches in the building.  Many places are struggling with teaching positions only being filled with people who do not want to coach.

22 hours ago, MidTennMilitia said:

There are good coaches everywhere!  One thing that is unfortunate, is the fact that school administrators are limiting the opportunities to have more Teacher/Coaches in the building.  Many places are struggling with teaching positions only being filled with people who do not want to coach.

A lot of those teaching positions are being filled by people that don't want to teach or coach. 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:06 PM, Rbel4life said:

Wes Jones - currently at Science Hill in Johnson City, TN 

not sure he will leave his asst role any time soon, but If the opportunity presented itself- he is HC material for any size program 

great coach great leader 

Well he's sitting in a good place if he wants to become HC again. From what I hear people in Johnson City are getting soured on Carter. He just took what was probably the second most talented team in 6A to a 6-4 record and first round playoff loss. The only thing that's keeping him in the job is beating DB every year. If that ever changes there's going to be a job opening.