Westview vs McKenzie (make-up game)

sportslover88

Barr will be a tall order for McKenzie. Think McKenzie will shoot three’s with the best of them and try to press Westview like GC. McKenzie much like GC likes to creat offense with defense with their press. I am going with Westview by 8. Where is it at?? That will be one to go see on a Monday Night. If you like to watch shooters shoot, both teams have got plenty of them. 

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Barr will be a tall order for McKenzie. Think McKenzie will shoot three’s with the best of them and try to press Westview like GC. McKenzie much like GC likes to creat offense with defense with their press. I am going with Westview by 8. Where is it at?? That will be one to go see on a Monday Night. If you like to watch shooters shoot, both teams have got plenty of them. 

It is at Martin

6 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Who you got? Westview and McKenzie will be playing at Martin Monday night to make-up the game that was scheduled when the football teams played in the state tournament. I know McKenzie gave Gibson Co their only other loss. Who wins this one and what's the key factor?

A great late January matchup between 2 good programs again.

Mckenzie likes to get up & down the court and have 2 that can fill it up in a hurry. I’ll take us, since it’s at home but wouldn’t be “too” surprised if they got us. IMO, if we played them 10 times…we’d probably win 7 of them……and it depends on how they shoot the 3 and more importantly how we take care of the ball. 1st one to 50 will most likely win, unless Coach wants to run them out of the gym which I don’t see happening since it’s after Christmas. 

This late in the season, I think it’ll be more work on the half court game & offensive sets and probably an extension of the matchup zone (if their shooters are connecting). Should be a great game either way and I believe they’re somewhat fairly matched in personnel (1 thru 6). 

key factor(s): 

I believe Mckenzie is #1 in Class A, so they might be thinking about that some and believe that rankings matter now. If WV throws in a press, is Mckenzie deep enough to go 4 quarters. WV has to take care of the ball, dictate how the game is going to be played, and bring the defense. 

37 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

A great late January matchup between 2 good programs again.

Mckenzie likes to get up & down the court and have 2 that can fill it up in a hurry. I’ll take us, since it’s at home but wouldn’t be “too” surprised if they got us. IMO, if we played them 10 times…we’d probably win 7 of them……and it depends on how they shoot the 3 and more importantly how we take care of the ball. 1st one to 50 will most likely win, unless Coach wants to run them out of the gym which I don’t see happening since it’s after Christmas. 

This late in the season, I think it’ll be more work on the half court game & offensive sets and probably an extension of the matchup zone (if their shooters are connecting). Should be a great game either way and I believe they’re somewhat fairly matched in personnel (1 thru 6). 

key factor(s): 

I believe Mckenzie is #1 in Class A, so they might be thinking about that some and believe that rankings matter now. If WV throws in a press, is Mckenzie deep enough to go 4 quarters. WV has to take care of the ball, dictate how the game is going to be played, and bring the defense. 

I think it will be a great test for McKenzie and Westview. Barr is a big post presence that will give McKenzie a look down low at what it might look like facing a possible North Green matchup in Murfreesboro that has a big dominant post. Will give Westview another tough opponent that likes to press and trap. Will be interesting as McKenzie, IMO, is the best team in Single A. Not that deep and may not win it, but are very talented. Westview another team that could win it all themselves in AA.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I think it will be a great test for McKenzie and Westview. Barr is a big post presence that will give McKenzie a look down low at what it might look like facing a possible North Green matchup in Murfreesboro that has a big dominant post. Will give Westview another tough opponent that likes to press and trap. Will be interesting as McKenzie, IMO, is the best team in Single A. Not that deep and may not win it, but are very talented. Westview another team that could win it all themselves in AA.

McKenzie has had one of their starting guards out this week due to head injury not sure if she will be playing in this game or not. That would be big loss for McKenzie in this game who already lacks depth. 

4 hours ago, GTG901 said:

McKenzie has had one of their starting guards out this week due to head injury not sure if she will be playing in this game or not. That would be big loss for McKenzie in this game who already lacks depth. 

Hate to hear that. Houston County played y’all pretty tough a game or two ago. Did she play that one??

9 hours ago, GTG901 said:

We hope she’s able to play. The Coach at Mckenzie is good and they’re a dangerous team. Maybe both teams will be full strength and it should be a great game if they are. This game is for the fans because it has no District bearing and should be entertaining. Kind of a “who cares” game where both teams can work on different situations. 

20 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Hate to hear that. Houston County played y’all pretty tough a game or two ago. Did she play that one??

She got hurt early in that one her and a player from Houston Co butted heads. Was a nasty collision from what I understand both players were bleeding real bad. Not sure how both girls are doing maybe someone on here has more information

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:18 AM, GTG901 said:

She got hurt early in that one her and a player from Houston Co butted heads. Was a nasty collision from what I understand both players were bleeding real bad. Not sure how both girls are doing maybe someone on here has more information

Hopefully she will get to play tomm. night. Look forward to the matchup. 

On 1/27/2022 at 5:01 PM, LetsGoBrandon said:

We hope she’s able to play. The Coach at Mckenzie is good and they’re a dangerous team. Maybe both teams will be full strength and it should be a great game if they are. This game is for the fans because it has no District bearing and should be entertaining. Kind of a “who cares” game where both teams can work on different situations. 

I know Reynolds did not have a concussion.  I would anticipate her playing unless Wilkins just wants to hold her out as precaution.