Tellico Plains Head Coach (Looking Again)

catchnburn

16 hours ago, vandyfan13 said:

Sounds like he was just ready to move on from the release I read.

What's the deal there? I've always heard ok things about the community, but seems to be a very low ceiling job.

Community is great. They support the program and love football. Might be some politics involved in the job. I had heard that parents didn't like the coaching style (cussing and yelling) at the boys? That's every football coach in America it seems though. Not many coaches have been able to stay there long and from what I am hearing, Rech was ran off...He had some success there and made the playoffs a couple years. It is hard to win there consistently, but I don't know if there is pressure to win there consistently. 

1 hour ago, gecko said:

Community is great. They support the program and love football. Might be some politics involved in the job. I had heard that parents didn't like the coaching style (cussing and yelling) at the boys? That's every football coach in America it seems though. Not many coaches have been able to stay there long and from what I am hearing, Rech was ran off...He had some success there and made the playoffs a couple years. It is hard to win there consistently, but I don't know if there is pressure to win there consistently. 

Thanks for the information.

A place like this usually gets two types of coaches.  A coach that is near or coming out of retirement or an up and comer.  Either way it seems to always end in a short termed partnership.  Either the older retired coach gets to the end of his rope and hangs it back up or the up and comer does really well and leaves for a bigger job or does really poor and goes back to being an assistant or coordinator somewhere.  Surely there is a coach somewhere that meets in the middle of this stereotype.  Someone that has coached for 10+ years and just wants a shot at being a HC.  Someone that doesn't just coach for the W's and the L's but for the kids.  He's out there!  The Knoxville and surrounding areas have hundreds of coaches like this.  Maybe one will apply?  I went to a game up there about 15 years ago maybe and I remember a BBQ pit or something I believe.  It was a nice experience!

1 hour ago, LBear77 said:

A place like this usually gets two types of coaches.  A coach that is near or coming out of retirement or an up and comer.  Either way it seems to always end in a short termed partnership.  Either the older retired coach gets to the end of his rope and hangs it back up or the up and comer does really well and leaves for a bigger job or does really poor and goes back to being an assistant or coordinator somewhere.  Surely there is a coach somewhere that meets in the middle of this stereotype.  Someone that has coached for 10+ years and just wants a shot at being a HC.  Someone that doesn't just coach for the W's and the L's but for the kids.  He's out there!  The Knoxville and surrounding areas have hundreds of coaches like this.  Maybe one will apply?  I went to a game up there about 15 years ago maybe and I remember a BBQ pit or something I believe.  It was a nice experience!

That guy is probably in the stack of resumes. Another big problem the county faces is comparative pay. Assistant coaches a county over make more than a head guy in Monroe. I thought Rec was a good hire. Team played very hard under him. I don't understand why he left. 

Edited by catchnburn

13 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

That guy is probably in the stack of resumes. Another big problem the county faces is comparative pay. Assistant coaches a county over make more than a head guy in Monroe. I thought Rec was a good hire. Team played very hard under him. I don't understand why he left. 

Probably should go outside the box on this one.  Hire someone that is looking for impact rather than a stepping stone or show they still got it.  I'd do it myself but I'm over 70 and don't know the first thing about coaching football. lol

20 hours ago, catchnburn said:

Would be against an alumni taking a HC job? He might be the only one willing to take it and actually stay. 

Derrick Davis is available! Hope that gains traction. 

Sometimes the best fix is a total outsider that will come in like a bull in a china shop...fix it and dont care who he makes mad. Monroe Co is totally fixated on chasing ghosts. What alumni from Tellico would be worth it? Seriously think about it...

Derrick would be a logical choice for a Monroe Co school too. Hes was a good coach...but again HES FROM THERE MAN...will not fix any Monroe Co School.

For the record...I am against hiring someone in ANY district simply because they are local. You miss out on too much.