Programs Down/Coaches

901Hoops850

49 minutes ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

Yep. Both good programs.

Chatter from within the locker rooms is they both can make it to the dance.

SS is betting that SG can beat Creekwood. When they do, there will be 2, top 10 ranked teams from a 3 team district in the tourney.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

Creekwood looked pretty solid the other night. Playing good ball right now. We played them last year opening night at GC. Madison had 42 and it looked like we were going to run away with it because they had no one to guard her. Up 16-18 a lot and only won by 7. They shot the lights out that night and we played well also. Was a good game. South Gibson has got to learn how to get over the hump and win these big games. I think they can but will they?? They got a coach who has got lots of late year experience. Man I wished I could be at four or five places at one time. These tournaments are going to have some good matchups. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mofojoe said:

At some point macon had to crash they been 5 straight trips to state. Macon will be a tiny bit better next year but still not strong but the year after that a lot better. In three years macon will be hard to handle a be that way for several years but untill till then it's gonna be bumpy.

I am a Coach White Fan. We have run into Macon County all over the place. Hope they get back soon. I like Macon County. 

46 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am a Coach White Fan. We have run into Macon County all over the place. Hope they get back soon. I like Macon County. 

Larry White and my dad went to elementary school together. He actually had some great teams at RBS but had to run the gauntlet of Clarkrange, Celina, Pickett, and Jackson every year. Macon has 9 freshman, 1 Jr, and 2 sophomores this year. Size wise they look like a Middle school team honestly. Coach White and Jr High Coach Mike Prock (Jalynn Gregory’s Grandpa) both say the 7th grade team may be the best group ever to come out of LaFayette. It’s hard to know if they stay together and healthy though.

They have been insanely Snake bit. In the 1950’s They had maybe the best Woman player ever but the TSSAA didn’t have a Girl State Championship Tournament. The best team they ever had arguably in 1995 lost 4 starters to bad injuries (2 were lucky to walk again). They lost 2 Championship Games on Buzzer beaters (2013 and 2018) . Then in 2020 they had clearly the best team in AA and Covid canceled the season. They finally won the Gold Ball in 2021 with an incredible amount of luck. 

Good luck to Gibson I will be pulling for them to hoist the Gold this year.

Edited by Khall555

4 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Larry White and my dad went to elementary school together. He actually had some great teams at RBS but had to run the gauntlet of Clarkrange, Celina, Pickett, and Jackson every year. Macon has 9 freshman, 1 Jr, and 2 sophomores this year. Size wise they look like a Middle school team honestly. Coach White and Jr High Coach Mike Prock (Jalynn Gregory’s Grandpa) both say the 7th grade team may be the best group ever to come out of LaFayette. It’s hard to know if they stay together and healthy though.

They have been insanely Snake bit. In the 1950’s They had maybe the best Woman player ever but the TSSAA didn’t have a Girl State Championship Tournament. The best team they ever had arguably in 1995 lost 4 starters to bad injuries (2 were lucky to walk again). They lost 2 Championship Games on Buzzer beaters (2013 and 2018) . Then in 2020 they had clearly the best team in AA and Covid canceled the season. They finally won the Gold Ball in 2021 with an incredible amount of luck. 

Good luck to Gibson I will be pulling for them to hoist the Gold this year.

I was at the McMinn Central Championship game in 2011 and the CPA title game in 2013 2013 and 2018 were sure enough heartbreakers. We have lost our share of heartbreakers as well. I appreciate the good luck. We are going to play hard and see what happens. 

On 2/14/2022 at 8:42 PM, 901Hoops850 said:

Changing of the guard in suburban Memphis with Bartlett (Wes Shappley) really taking off. Arlington is close behind, though they beat split with Bartlett. Houston is a huge mess. Collierville is competitive (beat Arlington tonight). I think that Bartlett is as talented as anyone in the state, if they can come together at the right time. Arlington can give anyone trouble with their pressure. 

I am curious how 4A shakes out.

When does their tournament start? I can't find their bracket anywhere.

20 minutes ago, mofojoe said:

it close if not the best group but it isn't an Lol

It is a lol. There’s been many groups of 7th graders the same, if not better, then this group. I’ve been around it my entire life and seen them with my own eyes. 

Look, the group coming up is good but nowhere near the best group of girls coming out of Macon. 

On 2/16/2022 at 2:14 PM, SgtBarnes said:

It is a lol. There’s been many groups of 7th graders the same, if not better, then this group. I’ve been around it my entire life and seen them with my own eyes. 

Look, the group coming up is good but nowhere near the best group of girls coming out of Macon. 

I did'nt at no point say better! I said close and they will be good if they stay together for four more years especially if white stays around and there's the kicker verses the other white will make them good.