Who is the new head coach at Fulton

Hartleyrick

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Hartleyrick said:

Who is going to be the next HC at Fulton. That is usually a Fulton guy. Anyone on staff about to move up?

I would be surprised if they don't stay on staff.  There are a couple of guys on staff who are mature enough and ready to be the head coach.  

And whoever takes that job is going to have a real issue with numbers.  Just not many returning players and the feeder program kids are spreading out to several different schools, from what I am told by insiders there.  

Justin is

On 2/20/2022 at 11:53 AM, HTV said:

Not a certified teacher, and Fulton likely won't go in a non teaching direction for several reasons, again from their history  

He's not a certified teacher...however he does have his degree.  Used to work for Project Grad...and in Tennessee with a degree he CAN get a provisionary teaching license and take a praxis test to get endorsed to teach.  Justin Long makes a whole lotta sense.

Edited by LBear77

2 minutes ago, LBear77 said:

Justin is

He's not a certified teacher...however he does have his degree.  Used to work for Project Grad...and in Tennessee with a degree he CAN get a provisionary teaching license and take a praxis test to get endorsed to teach.  Justin Long makes a whole lotta sense.

https://www.tn.gov/education/licensing/educator-licensure/new-to-education.html

He can get a practitioner license

3 minutes ago, LBear77 said:

Don't disagree with you.  

It's my understanding that the position he had prior at Fulton was eliminated.  

But, yes, i am aware he has his degree and if he can get certification he would be a great candidate.  My point is that I would be surprised if Fulton goes a non certified route.  The football coach is a whole lot more than just the football coach at that school.  

That said, I am told that the numbers are very low in the program right now.  Whoever gets/takes that job is going to have a tough job on his hands trying to get the program back from a numbers perspective.  

10 hours ago, Hartleyrick said:

Has anyone heard of anybody that has applied. Any talk of Jeff McMillan taking over

I am told that it's been talked about.  There are a couple of in house candidates.  As I said earlier, I would be surprised if they don't stay in house.  

And I don't believe that the coach at GCA is in the mix at this point.  And not that the folks at Fulton weren't interested in him. 

42 minutes ago, HTV said:

I am told that it's been talked about.  There are a couple of in house candidates.  As I said earlier, I would be surprised if they don't stay in house.  

And I don't believe that the coach at GCA is in the mix at this point.  And not that the folks at Fulton weren't interested in him. 

Actually was talking to a former coach at Fulton yesterday and he said Coach MacMillan was currently running the program in a low key interim role.

55 minutes ago, LBear77 said:

Actually was talking to a former coach at Fulton yesterday and he said Coach MacMillan was currently running the program in a low key interim role.

And that doesn't surprise me at all.  

Haven't talked to him in a while, but he did retire from teaching and is coaching as a retired educator.  He would be a great choice if either he and/or Fulton decided to go in a non teacher direction to fill that position.  

Good guy, solid football coach with a great resume and track record.