Cherie Abner

mondo44

1 minute ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Green Hills to Macon County would be just the move everyone wants to make 

Well that’s not the worst part. You’d have to compete against Clarkrange Clay County and Pickett County every year. So makings it out of the region semis is a tall task year in and year out for this program. 

8 minutes ago, 3rdandLong said:

Are you implying that you were speaking in generalities? You stated “her side”. That is an obvious reference to a particular event regarding the subject of this thread, which is a “her”. It should be assumed that you, or someone close to you, was involved in said event. Generally, when people create an account on here to trash a coach it is a personal grudge. 

Please forgive me for being politically incorrect for saying “her”.  Just did that since we were talking about a woman.  Need to recalibrate the “crystal ball”.  You are also assuming these things.  You may or may not know the old saying about the word “assume”….

3 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Green Hills to Macon County would be just the move everyone wants to make 

I work in hermitage really close to green hills and have for over 25 years. If your insinuating that most folks would not want to move from green hills to the westmoreland area/northern sumner county area your dead wrong. Most people down that way I talk to nowadays want to get some land and move out to northern sumner co. They just can’t afford our land anymore! I’ve drove that 1 hour drive for many years to stay away from there

She’s not going to Macon county….she will end up in sumner county. She has to, so it really depends if she wants a high school job or middle school job…the bashing of a great coach is absurd. Agree kids and parents are too soft these days in the participation trophy era. Be excited you went as far as you did if you’re a green hill fan. Westmoreland people would love to have her back coaching boys or girls. I’m sure she’s a tough coach and demands your best you know why I say that?? Because her teams win! And that’s what it takes to get teams to perform or get the best out of them might take a little yelling or truth talk but today’s generation would rather complain to administrators and force someone’s hand. She will go where she feels like people have her back! 

Two sumner county jobs of interest that are open 

Westmoreland high school boys

SC high school boys

maybe a couple more but not sure and idk about any middle school jobs but that’s probably better for her to see her son play in college, or heck she might just stop coaching until he graduates 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bballinformer said:

She’s not going to Macon county….she will end up in sumner county. She has to, so it really depends if she wants a high school job or middle school job…the bashing of a great coach is absurd. Agree kids and parents are too soft these days in the participation trophy era. Be excited you went as far as you did if you’re a green hill fan. Westmoreland people would love to have her back coaching boys or girls. I’m sure she’s a tough coach and demands your best you know why I say that?? Because her teams win! And that’s what it takes to get teams to perform or get the best out of them might take a little yelling or truth talk but today’s generation would rather complain to administrators and force someone’s hand. She will go where she feels like people have her back! 

SC high school boys

maybe a couple more but not sure and idk about any middle school jobs but that’s probably better for her to see her son play in college, or heck she might just stop coaching until he graduates 

You hit the nail on the head! 

11 hours ago, bballinformer said:

SC high school boys

You very well may be right about what she does.. What happened with Liberty Creek job?  That would’ve been the best job for a coach in Sumner county. Brand new school with what I hear is state of the art facilities all the way around. 

It's very odd that a teacher at the school is on this message board being highly critical of a former teacher & coach that left the school on good terms and that has remained on good terms with the school and administration. Nobody has any idea what will happen with this situation. Who knows who will be hired. However, if Mrs. Abner were to be hired, it would certainly not be good to have a teacher from the school on here unnecessarily criticizing her. It may not be a good reflection on the school to have a teacher on here criticizing a former teacher and coach at the school who spent many years there and who had a lot of success. This has to be someone who knows Mrs. Abner well. So, it would be someone who likely had a daughter play for her. No casual fan would feel that strongly about Mrs. Abner. The casual fans supported her, because she won. And why would this parent have such an issue with the idea of Mrs. Abner returning to coach the other basketball program if that were to be the case? Maybe it's because he/she now has a son who would be playing for her if she were hired to coach the boys program. Who knows if that will be the way this unfolds. However, if this is the teacher who I think it may be posting these things on here, I have a feeling that the school administration would not be pleased with that at all. Old50, I would never tell you or anyone else what to do, but if it were me, I might consider heading back to my classroom and misplacing my keyboard at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoops123 said:

It's very odd that a teacher at the school is on this message board being highly critical of a former teacher & coach that left the school on good terms and that has remained on good terms with the school and administration. Nobody has any idea what will happen with this situation. Who knows who will be hired. However, if Mrs. Abner were to be hired, it would certainly not be good to have a teacher from the school on here unnecessarily criticizing her. It may not be a good reflection on the school to have a teacher on here criticizing a former teacher and coach at the school who spent many years there and who had a lot of success. This has to be someone who knows Mrs. Abner well. So, it would be someone who likely had a daughter play for her. No casual fan would feel that strongly about Mrs. Abner. The casual fans supported her, because she won. And why would this parent have such an issue with the idea of Mrs. Abner returning to coach the other basketball program if that were to be the case? Maybe it's because he/she now has a son who would be playing for her if she were hired to coach the boys program. Who knows if that will be the way this unfolds. However, if this is the teacher who I think it may be posting these things on here, I have a feeling that the school administration would not be pleased with that at all. Old50, I would never tell you or anyone else what to do, but if it were me, I might consider heading back to my classroom and misplacing my keyboard at this point.

I have no idea who this is but thankful that I have been monitoring this thread for past few days just because I do have a son that is on the team and several others that I have coached over the past several years and I do care about who the new coach will be.  Checked it tonight and saw this.  I have been trying to find my old CoachT login that I had created in 2014 and couldn’t so have been trying to set up new account and new email.  I do not appreciate whoever this is that posted it as it points directly to me.  Should’ve come directly to me instead of pulling my son in to it..Even if it HAD been me, you have no right to include him..

1 hour ago, BigKAnderson1964 said:

I have no idea who this is but thankful that I have been monitoring this thread for past few days just because I do have a son that is on the team and several others that I have coached over the past several years and I do care about who the new coach will be.  Checked it tonight and saw this.  I have been trying to find my old CoachT login that I had created in 2014 and couldn’t so have been trying to set up new account and new email.  I do not appreciate whoever this is that posted it as it points directly to me.  Should’ve come directly to me instead of pulling my son in to it..Even if it HAD been me, you have no right to include him..

Sorry that this has gotten to this.  Apologize to BigKanderson for you being drawn into this.  I don’t know where you are from, but hopefully your son won’t suffer from this drama… 

12 hours ago, BigKAnderson1964 said:

I'm confused... Is someone saying you said something bad? This is the first time I have seen your name on the thread so I am a little lost where that conclusion comes from... 

17 hours ago, Hoops123 said:

Why do you think Old50 is a teacher or coach at Westmoreland?