Class A Mr. Basketball finalists

HonkyNinja12

Zach Amonett, Pickett County

Roderick Robinson, Middleton

Grant Strong, Clay County

Wish they would have waited until season was wrapped up to select. No disrespect but how did Taylor Groves of East Robertson not make the top 3. I watched him go head to head against the boy from Pickett last night and he had 30 points and 15 rebounds in a victory while the Amonett boy had 12 points and didn't do much else. Season stats are similar I think Groves is around 24/7/3 right now and the Pickett boy was close to that with few less rebounds. I know the Strong boy is the real deal and probably best in single A but the other are not better than Groves whose single handily almost led his team to 18 straight wins while averaging almost 30 & 10 in last 9 games.

2 hours ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

Zach Amonett, Pickett County

Roderick Robinson, Middleton

Grant Strong, Clay County

Wish they would have waited until season was wrapped up to select. No disrespect but how did Taylor Groves of East Robertson not make the top 3. I watched him go head to head against the boy from Pickett last night and he had 30 points and 15 rebounds in a victory while the Amonett boy had 12 points and didn't do much else. Season stats are similar I think Groves is around 24/7/3 right now and the Pickett boy was close to that with few less rebounds. I know the Strong boy is the real deal and probably best in single A but the other are not better than Groves whose single handily almost led his team to 18 straight wins while averaging almost 30 & 10 in last 9 games.

Groves kid is a really special athlete. Strong is too. Strong is a better shooter, Groves is a better/bigger athlete. Strong has a better coach and surrounding basketball players. Grove’s team is way more athletic. Mr Basketball is politics and stats. Shots taken versus ppg is not a factor. If it was A LOT of kids wouldn’t have been candidates. Should be a great region final. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...