2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

More heads falling off in Wartrace.

#7(15 tackles vs. Moore Co) was out with an undisclosed illness.

#99 Anti-tank Tyler goes down early--probable ACL

QB's #5 and #2 cramps/minor injuries

FB #15 wins the game by playing QB & running the ball up the middle every play--A man amongst boys.

20-14 final--fwiw(not much) Cascade downed the ball on the 1yd line and let the clock run out rather than punch it in for a 27-14 victory...

12 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Loretto showed up. They battled all night long against the 4A county rival

LC is at the bottom of 4A if not last place. Forrest took practically a middle school team there and won in 2020. 

Loretto has scored 91 points the last two weeks. They also have surrendered 73 points to Collinwood and LC. If Forrest can hang 55 on Eagleville (who looked very good last night), and can control Cornersville from start to finish, I'm not sure the Rockets will punt all night this coming Friday.     

Edited by GeneralForrest

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest has 8 opponents to go.

Moore, MTP, ER, and Marion will be tough games. Maybe down to the wire. 

Community, Summertown, Cascade will be beatdowns

Loretto should be a convincing win. I'm interested to see this offense they have. Forrest should score early and often against them. 

I'm not seeing the backwards people of Community on the Rockets schedule--insert Richland.  And, as a Homer, I must add that if the great Champions of Cascade get healthy--watch-out!

7 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

LC is at the bottom of 4A if not last place. Forrest took practically a middle school team there and won in 2020. 

Loretto has scored 91 points the last two weeks. They also have surrendered 73 points to Collinwood and LC. If Forrest can hang 55 on Eagleville (who looked very good last night), and can control Cornersville from start to finish, I'm not sure the Rockets will punt all night this coming Friday.     

This isnt your 2020 Lawrence County. Their feeder program, EO Coffman hasnt lost a game in 3 years. They are going to be a playoff team. They have gotten better and better every year since their worst when they went 2-8 in 2018. They might even sneak in as a #2 or #3 seed. Tully certainly has dropped alot as has Montgomery Central. The 2 tough teams in that region are PC and Marshall County, which looks much improved over last year. I would caution against selling Lawrence County short.