2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

22 minutes ago, LorettoGuy said:

@GeneralForrest Friday should be a good game like last year. Instead of it being 13-7 both teams should score in the 40s and maybe Forrest in the 50s. Granted I’m assuming the Loretto offense will play like they CAN. If they don’t play like they CAN then it will be a long night 

If Loretto scores more than 21 in the first 3 quarters Forrest might be in trouble.

I believe the Rocket offense is very good but they still have a suspect play caller.

Raucous crowd, a turnover or 2, another special teams mistake (Eagleville game). I am far from counting this as a done deal.  One thing Loretto does is hit and fight. They get up for Forrest. Forrest needs to have this game in hand by halftime. No easy task, if I'm being honest.  Also the road trip is one of the worst in the state. 

Hopefully both teams stay healthy and it's a good hard hitting game. 

3 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

If Loretto scores more than 21 in the first 3 quarters Forrest might be in trouble.

I believe the Rocket offense is very good but they still have a suspect play caller.

Raucous crowd, a turnover or 2, another special teams mistake (Eagleville game). I am far from counting this as a done deal.  One thing Loretto does is hit and fight. They get up for Forrest. Forrest needs to have this game in hand by halftime. No easy task, if I'm being honest.  Also the road trip is one of the worst in the state. 

Shoot last year Loretto was still hung up on the lead they blew to LC. Same type of deal this year just hoping they come to play.

6 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

And I know you are probably confused on where is this offense has come from. The freshman and sophomores every one has been beating up on the past two years are now seniors and juniors. Makes a difference 

8 minutes ago, LorettoGuy said:

And I know you are probably confused on where is this offense has come from. The freshman and sophomores every one has been beating up on the past two years are now seniors and juniors. Makes a difference 

I get it. Every team has waves of brilliance. Unfortunately, Loretto is catching Forrest with their best team since 2019, including last year's 2A quarterfinalists. 

22 minutes ago, wholder said:

Not running my mouth at all. 2-0 because of an easy schedule. I only see MP play once a year or so. I just follow them and the region

The easy schedule is why I feel good picking cascade, I watched about 20 plays from each Mp game and it was ridiculous the level of competition. You can take very little away from those games, we already knew that Mount Pleasant was athletic but just wait until the champions hit them in the mouth, what will they do?!