2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

31 minutes ago, Salem said:

Thanks for the updates and recap.  For a half it seemed like Mt Pleasant was going to Mt. Pleasant. Not sure what conclusions can be drawn from the result. it was a close game last year decided in the 4th quarter.  Last season Cascade was 3-0 headed to a 3rd seed and MTP was 1-2 headed to last place in region after week 3 - now they've switched. 

Careful Coach Leroy Brown doesn't like any negative comments about coaching. It's always the players fault when a team loses. I'm surprised he hadn't already called you a moron on here. Maybe he's been on the Watertown thread correcting their posters, I'll go check. 

Oh that's funny-I had no clue,- the General has made a career out of criticizing coaching...

Yeah, I'm not sure either about what conclusions can be drawn---Likely both make the playoffs & both lose in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, cascadehomer said:

Oh that's funny-I had no clue,- the General has made a career out of criticizing coaching...

Go read the Watertown-Westy thread. Posters criticizing coaches over poor play calls and playing kids out of position. LeroyB will not stand for this. 

1 hour ago, cascadehomer said:

Yeah, I'm not sure either about what conclusions can be drawn---Likely both make the playoffs & both lose in the 1st round.

Richland and Loretto may have something to say about both teams making it. We're 2 injuries from being just average. Riverside is in a league of their own in Region 6 but the 2, 3, and 4 seeds over there will not be very good. Lewis barely beat Community. The other R6 teams are bad.

3 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Will do-thanks...It looked like two pretty good 2a football teams last night--If Richland & Loretto are better, then this is a region that we can all be proud of...

Loretto may lose tonight but if their defense improves by the end of the season they will beat the brakes off of Cascade. 

Just now, LorettoGuy said:

Loretto-38 and Forrest-28 early in the 4th

I was told Loretto wasnt as good as Forrest and that Forrest was going to beat the brakes off of them. I was told Lawrence County wasnt very good.....Leading a playoff team from last season 35-0 with 10 to play in the 4th is pretty good. They will be either the 2 or 3 seed in that region.