McMinn Central 2022

gecko

On 4/28/2022 at 9:11 AM, gecko said:

I can see 6-4 to 8-2 with this team. If they get good QB play they'll be tough to stop with all the athletes out. 

It is so hard to tell until we see a spring scrimmage.  Will the baseball boys be out for that?  I do not think they will be as talented as the 2014 team, but this is the best team since then overall.  I can get on board with that preditction.  

When will there be a spring game, or have I already missed out?  

On 4/29/2022 at 10:49 AM, logcabinman said:

It is so hard to tell until we see a spring scrimmage.  Will the baseball boys be out for that?  I do not think they will be as talented as the 2014 team, but this is the best team since then overall.  I can get on board with that preditction.  

When will there be a spring game, or have I already missed out?  

No idea but I am excited. This is the best looking team (physically) that I have seen in a long time at Central. They are big! Hope they are physical!

them Charger boys that Moody feller better be for bringin a dump truck load if you Englewoodians are to be even close to what that 2014 crew were layin down.....were some pretty decent studs on that crew and they played well together

.....one of the larger mysteries in larger chattanooga area as to why that didnt carry over a few extra years......cause that 14' class with its 10-3 or 11-2 record played with a nice number of underclassman that went on to sign for some saturday football over the next couple years  ...regardless of whether they stayed or come back home.....

...whatever happen to that oversized stud RB 

Booger nose that 14 class sent a stud LB to UTC.....but there was a lot left in the coffer for that coach to have gone bust the next couple years..it aint like the well went dry.....and that change in divisions should have had minimal to do with it

would be good to see them a player...

Booger just sayin :thumb:

48 minutes ago, Booger said:

them Charger boys that Moody feller better be for bringin a dump truck load if you Englewoodians are to be even close to what that 2014 crew were layin down.....were some pretty decent studs on that crew and they played well together

.....one of the larger mysteries in larger chattanooga area as to why that didnt carry over a few extra years......cause that 14' class with its 10-3 or 11-2 record played with a nice number of underclassman that went on to sign for some saturday football over the next couple years  ...regardless of whether they stayed or come back home.....

Booger nose that 14 class sent a stud LB to UTC.....but there was a lot left in the coffer for that coach to have gone bust the next couple years..it aint like the well went dry.....and that change in divisions should have had minimal to do with it

Change in division had ALOT to do with it.

Traded in Sequoyah (5-5), Chatt Central (0-10), Sweetwater (4-6), Boyd Buch (10-0), Carter (4-6)

for Rhea County (10-4),  (Kingston (8-2), Alcoa (10-0), CAK (11-2), Notre Dame (10-4) , Scott (5-5)

Running back got injured vs. Rhea County that season and only played in a few games. Injury riddled year. 

11 hours ago, Booger said:

Maybe get the Irish back on the schedule......Good to see you following the ole Chargers

On 5/5/2022 at 10:19 AM, Booger said:

Thank you for the kind words about the ol' Pineknot.  He enjoyed his career at UTC and made some great memories.  He was not a fan of the new regime that came in, but he percivered.  Wish UTC would have hired Rusty sooner.  As to this group, they are blessed with some athletes this year.  They have a stud reciever that is that LB you talked about cousin.  He has put on about 20 lbs of muscle and could play QB as well.  With the region a little down this year, this group could make a descent little run.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 9:51 PM, Charger64 said:

Maybe get the Irish back on the schedule......Good to see you following the ole Chargers

Irsh have been for the takin last 3 years or so and Charger64 would have like the chances of boastin with them on the Englewood schedule.....but Booger thinkin Charger window of competin gainst a weakend Irish may have past and putin them back on schedule would not be a good ID

....Englewood did get the last victory...and against a Irish team that could have been better than the Irish team that participated in the state championship the followin year....but that stacked 2016 team that the Charger team squeezed by up at Englwood started implodin internally the week prior to that contest and was never able to get hold of the control damage

2 hours ago, Booger said:

Irsh have been for the takin last 3 years or so and Charger64 would have like the chances of boastin with them on the Englewood schedule.....but Booger thinkin Charger window of competin gainst a weakend Irish may have past and putin them back on schedule would not be a good ID

....Englewood did get the last victory...and against a Irish team that could have been better than the Irish team that participated in the state championship the followin year....but that stacked 2016 team that the Charger team squeezed by up at Englwood started implodin internally the week prior to that contest and was never able to get hold of the control damage

As you can see, with Alcoa, Rhea, and some of the others, the Chargers were willing to play good teams.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 8:31 AM, gecko said:

Is this the year McMinn Central wins a district title? 

- Tons of athletes

- Solid Senior Class

- Solid Coaching Staff

Season prediction: 

L McMinn County 

W Tellico Plains

W Signal Mountain

W Polk County

W Brainerd

W Meigs County

W Kingston

L Loudon

W Rockwood

W Sweetwater

8-2, come up just short in district championship

1-1 in playoffs

9-3 Overall. Easy schedule leads to an easy 8-2 but not being tested cost us in round 2. 

Go Chargers. 

Rockwood is not a guarantee win they are loaded with returning talent this year

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

Rockwood is not a guarantee win they are loaded with returning talent this year

yep, that's why I was thinking 6-4 to 8-2. Never know. Tellico isnt even guaranteed. I just see the talent and think its a winning ball team.

NOTHING is a guarantee with this team! lol Lost games they shouldn't have last season. 

Edited by gecko