South Pittsburg declines Marion

21 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

What's our little league have to do with high school? Apparently you have no understanding why the LL made the move and you're digging, so I'll throw you a bone! When a rec league starts throwing around zoning rules it's time to step back and make a change. No rec league will dictate to me where I pay to have my son play...those rules come later in school years. If I want to take my son to let's say Dunlap to play it's my decision not a LL president to decide. That's all I have to say about that!

Y’all blaming Marion on everything else 

4 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Y’all blaming Marion on everything else 

I've not blamed Marion for nothing so exclude me from Y'all....as I stated earlier, this is a non topic as far as I'm concerned. Too much bad blood with everything in the past that's went on. 

Seems like SP has moved on, replaced that game with another. Yes some fans are upset but move on. It's not on the schedule so why talk about it. Maybe later on they can get the teams back to playing but it's not happening this year so stop whining about it!

On 7/22/2022 at 2:36 PM, MarionCo1182 said:

It is the State's Longest Rivalry, no one else can say that, you have something that Chattanooga, Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, all other cities and counties in TN doesn't have and they can't get it, as long as you get these 2 teams back together, once 2 other teams take your spot you will never get it back. It is the ultimate Friday Night in TN, they made movies about this stuff. South Pittsburg and a guy that has been in Canada for the last 25 years ruined it. MC's new head coach is the one who has moved on and said forget about the past 2 years and let's play. But NOOO! South Pittsburg "we don't want to play, we ain't got nothing to gain blah blah blah".  Whatever thanks ruining it! 

Where was this energy in 2020 when y’all cancelled the game just hours before kickoff? 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 9:19 AM, Pirateman28 said:

Where was this energy in 2020 when y’all cancelled the game just hours before kickoff? 

The Marion Health Department cancelled the game, not Marion County football. A MC player tested positive for Covid-19 at the health department facility, the health department immediately suspended the MC football program. MC couldn't have practice for so many days and I'm not 100% sure if I remember correctly, but I think MC had to cancel the game the following Friday as well. 

Edited by MarionCo1182

1 hour ago, MarionCo1182 said:

The Marion Health Department cancelled the game, not Marion County football. A MC player tested positive for Covid-19 at the health department facility, the health department immediately suspended the MC football program. MC couldn't have practice for so many days and I'm not 100% sure if I remember correctly, but I think MC had to cancel the game the following Friday as well. 

If yall Jasper folks would focus your energy into winning a state championship instead of worrying about SP you may could actually win a gold ball. It's been like 30 years right? 

4 hours ago, MarionCo1182 said:

I’ll agree to disagree on this. I was told by a very reliable source that Jaspers coach called the game off but it’s over with now it doesn’t really matter we would have beat jasper in another yearly beat down :thumb:

11 hours ago, Pirateman28 said:

I’ll agree to disagree on this. I was told by a very reliable source that Jaspers coach called the game off but it’s over with now it doesn’t really matter we would have beat jasper in another yearly beat down :thumb:

ok so if you believe that then you would have to believe that now SP is not renewing the game because of the beat down they were fixing to get

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MarionCo1182 said:

ok so if you believe that then you would have to believe that now SP is not renewing the game because of the beat down they were fixing to get

After seeing go jaspers scrimmage yesterday they will be lucky to make it past the first round of the playoff to be honest :thumb: and no I believe we would win if we played 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...