South Pittsburg declines Marion

29 minutes ago, pegleg said:

It seems to me that  Jasper wants to play only the seasons when the think they can win.
I can assure you they would AGAIN be embarrassed if they played this year. 
A 6 Gold Ball team has nothing to gain by playing mediocre programs. 

What kind of mess is this? I guarantee you we better be bringing some kids in before we say we're embarrassing anybody.

Who is this Chattanooga Prep team we play. They've never even had a football team before. They must not be mediocre then. 

You think I'm jokin but I'm not 

Edited by CoyDillard

Marion kinfolks need to worry about winning games that actually matter first. I get the chance of beating South Pitt can help confidence but it can also destroy it as well. I’m just keeping it real. Tyner & Meigs game is much more vital than South Pitt. If Marion is actually going to contend this year they need to win those games before calling other programs scared. Let’s face it the last year two years was flops largely due to that vanilla offense. I for one am rooting for you guys or Tyner to get it done this season.

Hopefully the new coach takes a page from South Pitt last year and starts throwing the football around. I can assure you that Tyner will be a shell of what you got in 2021. MC needs to worry about MC and nobody else. All are no bite last year. Hopefully Marion spreads it around this season and if so them or Tyner will represent the East come December. I’m just keeping it real. 

South Pitt is South Pitt and will once again be 1 of the top 2 in the East again as well. If they play wide open on offense like last year they very well could be back in Chattanooga as well. Maybe Marion should a duel up and play Oakland like South Pitt did? Seemed to help them come playoffs. I’m just keeping it real. Oakland, CCS and the North Carolina team will give Pitt more than enough to worry about. 

23 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Marion kinfolks need to worry about winning games that actually matter first. I get the chance of beating South Pitt can help confidence but it can also destroy it as well. I’m just keeping it real. Tyner & Meigs game is much more vital than South Pitt. If Marion is actually going to contend this year they need to win those games before calling other programs scared. Let’s face it the last year two years was flops largely due to that vanilla offense. I for one am rooting for you guys or Tyner to get it done this season.

Hopefully the new coach takes a page from South Pitt last year and starts throwing the football around. I can assure you that Tyner will be a shell of what you got in 2021. MC needs to worry about MC and nobody else. All are no bite last year. Hopefully Marion spreads it around this season and if so them or Tyner will represent the East come December. I’m just keeping it real. 

South Pitt is South Pitt and will once again be 1 of the top 2 in the East again as well. If they play wide open on offense like last year they very well could be back in Chattanooga as well. Maybe Marion should a duel up and play Oakland like South Pitt did? Seemed to help them come playoffs. I’m just keeping it real. Oakland, CCS and the North Carolina team will give Pitt more than enough to worry about. 

You tell em Big Gums. Can always count on you to tell it like it is. You and my brother may be the smartest people on Coach T.

I ain't jokin either 

12 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

What kind of mess is this? I guarantee you we better be bringing some kids in before we say we're embarrassing anybody.

Who is this Chattanooga Prep team we play. They've never even had a football team before. They must not be mediocre then. 

You think I'm jokin but I'm not 

I say let the Marion program implode. Let’s move on.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, pegleg said:

I say let the Marion program implode. Let’s move on.  

It would have if that Pruitt man had stayed I'm hearing. Spring ball had 20's in numbers and since Starkey took over its in the 60's. That grandson of mine says the environment is unreal now.

Gotta win games to keep it that way for sure but the talent that's coming for the next 6 or 7 years I could probably win a title or 2 and I'm an old broke down man that don't know a whole lot about X's and O's.

10 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

Just reading some of the back and forth on here. I think it a good thing both teams are not playing....to much bad blood between the schools 

Mainly just us fans. The kids playing all know each other and I'd say 95% of them are friends. It's the adults that have ruined this rivalry. 

On 7/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, pegleg said:

It seems to me that  Jasper wants to play only the seasons when the think they can win.
I can assure you they would AGAIN be embarrassed if they played this year. 
A 6 Gold Ball team has nothing to gain by playing mediocre programs. 

Seems like y'all don't want to play because you think you might lose. Just what it seems from the outside looking in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeroyJenkins said:

Play the game men. Adults mess everything up that is good in sports. I bet the kids would love to strap it up.

Pirates better get some line play  if they want to sniff Chatttown

Seems like the same thing was said last year about their line. It worked out pretty good for them last year. Maybe it will this year too!

2 hours ago, 1Longshot said:

Seems like the same thing was said last year about their line. It worked out pretty good for them last year. Maybe it will this year too!

Seems like most folks are either a Pirate fan or a hater. The most consistent thing about that program for the last two decades or more is that they play for the title, or someone has to beat them to play for the title. Nobody has been better on a consistent basis not named Alcoa or Maryville...you don't have to like it, but you really can't argue against it. Every year there's a good reason that South Pittsburg will fall off and not be relevant in deciding who is contending for the gold ball according to someone on here with some confidential insight, yet they always find a way to beat the odds (and all the teams better than them) and win anyway. Guess we'll see if it ages well this time around, or if they meet someone (looks like Gordy to most) in the semi's despite not having much of a shot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Seems like most folks are either a Pirate fan or a hater. The most consistent thing about that program for the last two decades or more is that they play for the title, or someone has to beat them to play for the title. Nobody has been better on a consistent basis not named Alcoa or Maryville...you don't have to like it, but you really can't argue against it. Every year there's a good reason that South Pittsburg will fall off and not be relevant in deciding who is contending for the gold ball according to someone on here with some confidential insight, yet they always find a way to beat the odds (and all the teams better than them) and win anyway. Guess we'll see if it ages well this time around, or if they meet someone (looks like Gordy to most) in the semi's despite not having much of a shot.

Pirates don't have the athletes like last year but should cakewalk into Chattanooga. 1A in the east is very weak. Gordy was supposed to be a challenge last year and it wasn't even close. They seem to be a little overrated every year. If SP isn't playing for a title in December I would be shocked.