Brentwood Practicing In Titans facility

Chakra20

I read where Brentwood is practicing at the Titans indoor facility this week. Must be nice to have some titan coaches on their side. Riverdale asked for the same thing last year and was turned down. Are they the Brentwood Titans?

Another Question was Brentwood playing music while other teams had the ball at their home games?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet Riverdale gets a good practice in today witht he weather the way it is. That was sarcastic but they will have an advanatge of actually getting to practice today, because if your Riverdale there is no reason to practice outside today.

But my question and the willaimson am was why was riverdae turned down?

[Edited by Chakra20 on 12-4-02 2:38P]

Guest frustratedjock

To answer an earlier post - yes BHS pressbox workers (parents or School officials) did play loud music through the PA system/speakers while FHS was at the line of scrimmage calling out their signals.

Can't say that this is why BHS won the game - but it sure doesn't seem sportsmanlike, and these are adults.

BHS won the game by making fewer mistakes and protecting the ball. BHS has a strong defense, strong discipline, and strong athletes on offense.

It's unfortunate some of the adults associated with the program don't show the same strength of character.

Good luck to both teams, hopefully the weather allows both teams to perform at their best.

I was at practice yesterday and froze...I'll assure you it was not inside. They have been wisked away today to a secret location ( I hear it may be Junction, Texas ala Bear Bryant....that's a joke Chakara ). Re: the music at the Franklin game.....taped music was used since our band was out of town. The music was always turned off as they broke the huddle and was only played from time to time. Defense was the difference in that game....not music.

I'd be a fool to say that the music cost my Rebels the game. However, the Brentwood band was out of town the week before against Dickson County therefore it was understandable to play music as they did that night. I just don't know if it was needed against Franklin, and it wasn't turned off when the Rebels broke the huddle, it was turned off right before the snap. Again, it didn't cost Franklin the game but I don't know that it was needed when your band was there. But whatever, good luck this week. Beat the Warriors!

Why don't you just cry me a river. How in the world is that unfair? Riverdale has quite the upper hand being that the majority of their players have played on astroturf before. Most of the Brentwood players have never stepped foot on Astroturf. What, is the Titan's astroturf magical? Are the Bruins going to gain SuperNatural powers because they practiced on the Titan's Turf. Yes we do have connections to the Titans. The Ex-Offensive CoOrdinator Les Steckle has a son that is a Senior. And before you have a wise crack at Steckle I would like to add that no matter what happened to him, he led the Titans to a Superbowl and then lost his job. Ex-Player Mike Jones has a son on the team, along with Mike Heimerdinger. So I guess you would have to say that yes Brentwood does have connections to the Titans, so yes they did take advantage of it. I still don't see how that gives any disadvantage to Riverdale, who up until a year ago played all of their home games on AstroTurf at MTSU, how unfair is that to any team that plays on the road to Riverdale? Playing a great team on AstroTurf and having never stepped foot on it, when your opponant plays there every week. I guess it is true, "It's not what you know, it's who you know" I guess you people will never run out of reasons to hate Brentwood. But you know what, we love it. So keep it coming.