Brentwood Practicing In Titans facility

Chakra20

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I have to say is that Coach Crawford was an assistant to Gary Rankin for many years. If his actions are classless or immoral(which I think they are absolutely not!), then where did he learn them from? I think that this issue shouldn't really matter and I wish the best of luck to both teams this Saturday.

Guest kemoaubie20

i'm correcting whatever NO is trying to talk NO and has absolutely NO idea what they are talking about. no player is a titans son, a titan's coach's son maybe, not a players.... and our boys have worked hard this year.

If you can't post on here without cursing...go elsewhere

[Edited by QueenBee on 12-4-02 11:38P]

wow, great communication skills

To fhsTE, I don't think any Riverdale fan would ever use the words immoral or classless to describe Coach Crawford.

There IS a lot of respect for the Brentwood program, and they certainly have an outstanding team. Coach Crawford is an outstanding coach and a fine man. If someone has to beat the Warriors, I hope it is a team coached by Ron Crawford. Now I really can't say I will be happy for the Brentwood players or fans, but I would be for Coach Crawford.

I would be even happier though if Riverdale wins :D

Sorry, I couldn't think of any better adjectives. My point was just that if Riverdale has/had a problem with Coach Crawford's methods, they need only look to themselves as the source. In any case, I don't think it should be that much of an issue and I don't think there is a problem with either team's style or methods.

Brentwood is smart to practice at least once on astroturf, wether it's indoors or outdoors. Teams like Riverdale, Oakland, and Cookeville who play or played on astroturf for home games have a big advantage, as playing on an artificial surface can be pretty tough for a team that is accustomed to real grass. Brentwood had the right idea in '98 when they had the quarterfinal playoff game at Vanderbilt Stadium instead of at home (it was for capacity reasons as well as getting practice on the surface), and although it backfired on them, Hendersonville appreciated it. Hopefully one week will get B'wood caught up with Riverdale just a little bit. Good luck against the Warriors.

having computer trouble - hope this posts

One thing to remember - Riverdale played ZERO games on turf this year. The team has 9 new starters on both sides. LAst year the Warriors played two games at MTSU. Not many of this year's team has really been on this surface.

Not a big deal anyway. Players you play. Us fans will do all the crazy talk.

I could care less about eeither team it was just in the paper. I just found it interesting that Riverdale asked where turned down last year. Brentwood comes along and because they are in the richest county in the state and it happens to be where all the Titans live they let them use it. They are the Tennessee Titans Not the Brentwood Titans if im not mistaken.

It was in the morning paper thought id ask what people thought of the article didnt know people would get all upset about it.

I say we need to move Brentwood to division 2 because they have unfair advanatges becuase of the access they have to not only better facilities but Titans players and coaches sons that seems unfair. :):):):):)

To the guy that said they werent letting strangers come to their facility. Im sure they know everyone on Brentwoods team from letting them work out there in the offseason and the personal training they get from the titans staff. :):D:):)

[Edited by Chakra20 on 12-5-02 11:17A]

I think what's lost in all this is that of all the team's that could be practicing in the inddor bubble don't you think CPA would be the ones doing it ??? Fisher's son is on the CPA team for goodness sakes !!

And guess where CPA practiced this week ? Outside in the mud and cold. Not every team has strings pulled for them -private,public,whatever.

The issue here was liability waivers having to be drawn up by the Titans. The Titans probably turned people away in years past becasue they did not have them ready or had not consulted with their legal dept. Some kid blows their knee out over there and you can imagine the lawsuit and i don't blame them. Nobody was shut out in year's past on purpose.

[Edited by JohnJacob on 12-5-02 10:40A]

for the record, original ######, steckel did not lose his job...he left. look it up. he did lose his job in tampa bay but thats because hes a sorry offensive coordinator. his departure from the titans was voluntary. and he did not lead the titans to the super bowl. jeff fischer and gregg williams' defense carried that team.