Peabody vs Milan Week 1

19 minutes ago, BeQuiet said:

I'm very proud of this Peabody team. They played with a lot of heart tonight.  Playing without 2qbs.  The refs did not cost us the game but they allowed Milan to hold all night.  If the fans see it, the refs see it.  Hats off to a really talented Bulldog team.  Coach Carr has no class.  2yeats ago on that same field, Peabody took a knee on the 3 yard line.  Fast forward to tonight.  Peabody no time outs,. Less than 2 minutes and Milan throws the ball.  That was so classless and I promise it will come back and bite You in the a..,.

I agree!! Congratulation to Milan. They were the better team tonight. I was waiting for someone to say something about the end of the game. WOW!! You do NOT do that!! We did not get the opportunity to allow our lineman to wear Milan down in the fourth because of the mishaps on the kickoffs from Milan. I am sure that will be corrected next week. It would have been interesting had the Tide offense been given those opportunities but Milan made the plays and the Tide did not. Congratulations again to the Milan players, but that coaching staff has a lot to learn. Had that been at a different level of football someone would have gotten seriously hurt and it would have been on the coaches!

Someone getting hurt at that time was highly possible.  We are a small school playing much larger schools.  Yes we have been successful playing bigger schools but every dawg has his day.  No excuses. Milan made the plays.  Our game  plan was seriously altered by turnovers, and lost of 2 qbs.  Milan dropped 3 td passes.  I think Trenton had the better line and Milan more skilled people.  That number 3 is a beast and 9 is a good player as well.  Peabody has got to find more backs as at all cost.  Overall, I think the Tides gameplay was very good.  But we have got to shore up that pass defense.  Milan will do well but 4A ball will be brutal.  S. Gibson and Haywood will be a hard out. Milan had Leon 3 out of 11 to Trenton.  Both schools have equal bragging rights, because Milan dominated everyone in the past.  I think they are on the upswing.  Trenton will do very well.  They will improve.  That staff will get it done.  Good luck to both programs.

1 minute ago, BeQuiet said:

Someone getting hurt at that time was highly possible.  We are a small school playing much larger schools.  Yes we have been successful playing bigger schools but every dawg has his day.  No excuses. Milan made the plays.  Our game  plan was seriously altered by turnovers, and lost of 2 qbs.  Milan dropped 3 td passes.  I think Trenton had the better line and Milan more skilled people.  That number 3 is a beast and 9 is a good player as well.  Peabody has got to find more backs as at all cost.  Overall, I think the Tides gameplay was very good.  But we have got to shore up that pass defense.  Milan will do well but 4A ball will be brutal.  S. Gibson and Haywood will be a hard out. Milan had Leon 3 out of 11 to Trenton.  Both schools have equal bragging rights, because Milan dominated everyone in the past.  I think they are on the upswing.  Trenton will do very well.  They will improve.  That staff will get it done.  Good luck to both programs.

Both number 3s

2 minutes ago, BeQuiet said:

Correction: game plan was very good 

3 minutes ago, BeQuiet said:

Correction Milan had won 3 out of 11.

6 hours ago, BeQuiet said:

I'm very proud of this Peabody team. They played with a lot of heart tonight.  Playing without 2qbs.  The refs did not cost us the game but they allowed Milan to hold all night.  If the fans see it, the refs see it.  Hats off to a really talented Bulldog team.  Coach Carr has no class.  2yeats ago on that same field, Peabody took a knee on the 3 yard line.  Fast forward to tonight.  Peabody no time outs,. Less than 2 minutes and Milan throws the ball.  That was so classless and I promise it will come back and bite You in the a..,.

You never know for sure that might  not have been on the coaches I have been part of many instances where kids did not run the play that was called either by mistake or they ran a different play trying to get a kid that don't play a lot a chance to score. Since I wasn't on the Milan sideline I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that is  something they will correct going forward and will not happen again.

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

You never know for sure that might  not have been on the coaches I have been part of many instances where kids did not run the play that was called either by mistake or they ran a different play trying to get a kid that don't play a lot a chance to score. Since I wasn't on the Milan sideline I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that is  something they will correct going forward and will not happen again.

It is hard to run a play in the victory formation! When you get the ball with 2:02 left and the other team has no timeouts simple math adds up that you go victory formation and you win. If you see your team not in victory formation there are ways to stop from running the play. NO EXCUSES!!! THAT WAS CLASSLESS!! And that falls on the entire Milan coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

Very good post!

9 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

It is hard to run a play in the victory formation! When you get the ball with 2:02 left and the other team has no timeouts simple math adds up that you go victory formation and you win. If you see your team not in victory formation there are ways to stop from running the play. NO EXCUSES!!! THAT WAS CLASSLESS!! And that falls on the entire Milan coaching staff. 

yeah I see your point there.

2 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Good point and post but I believe it was intentional