Forrest @ Cornersville

dawgswin

Official stats. 

Swift 14 carries for 100 yards
The last Grissom FG was 40 yards. 
The last pass play I referenced from Hill to Swift was 31 yards. 

Franklin 10 carries 129 yards. The long one was 85 yards.
So other than 1 play, 9 carries 44 yards. MR FOOTBALL!! 

Waddell cited a player who needed more touches: Riley Qualls, so I'm not sure he knows he has a "Mr. Football"  

Other notes.

Going to a game at Cornersville is like going back in time 40-65 years. The parking lot is a humid swamp with ditches and creeks everywhere. Every turn is a hairpin blind turn in muddy grass. Earlier rain made the entire area a cloud. Tow trucks roam the premises looking for Forrest cars to tow.  

The stands and field themselves are definitely a fire hazard.  If there were a real emergency there would be tons of casualties. Still, there is a certain charm in it. At Forrest there is an actual field with real bleachers on both sides. At Cornersville there is a feeling that this would likely not be approved for an actual field in 2022, and that the entire  surrounding area is slowing sinking. 

The good with the bad I guess...

I listened to the radio broadcast.  2 rednecks with fuzzy reception debating if holding is "10 yards from the spot of the foul."

The coach, Waddell. Unimpressive. Acted like his kids were ever in the game.  Talked like they were just a hair short. Franklin ran an 85 yard Td and got the ball exactly NINE other times the entire game. Assuming 50 plays (it's usually more but due to the lack of passing the entire game only lasted 2 hours...I'll be conservative), then Mr Football got the ball exactly 20% of Cornersville's plays, in which he was their only scorer. Pretty mind boggling.

I think Waddell knew he was losing this game. He wants Franklin to be good for the actual region games, and basically conceded this game to Forrest, maybe even before opening kickoff 

17 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I listened to the radio broadcast.  2 rednecks with fuzzy reception debating if holding is "10 yards from the spot of the foul."

The coach, Waddell. Unimpressive. Acted like his kids were ever in the game.  Talked like they were just a hair short. Franklin ran an 85 yard Td and got the ball exactly NINE other times the entire game. Assuming 50 plays (it's usually more but due to the lack of passing the entire game only lasted 2 hours...I'll be conservative), then Mr Football got the ball exactly 20% of Cornersville's plays, in which he was their only scorer. Pretty mind boggling.

I think Waddell knew he was losing this game. He wants Franklin to be good for the actual region games, and basically conceded this game to Forrest, maybe even before opening kickoff 

You forgot to mention after that 85 yard run. Cornersville got a 3 and out then ran a reverse when they got the ball back and coughed it up. That’s what took the wind out of them for the game. If 33 runs a 80+ td and you get the ball back fast he’s definitely getting the next carry. 

35 minutes ago, Rocketboy21 said:

You forgot to mention after that 85 yard run. Cornersville got a 3 and out then ran a reverse when they got the ball back and coughed it up. That’s what took the wind out of them for the game. If 33 runs a 80+ td and you get the ball back fast he’s definitely getting the next carry. 

I mentioned the turnover in my recap post.  Scroll back and check it out. 

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Were you at the game RB21...i wanted to ask if you also felt that they, by their actions, don't think BF is engine of the offense...

I think he is. It definitely starts with him no doubt. Week one he ran the hall almost every play. Not sure why he didn’t run it this week. Saving him I guess. 33 and 2 are probably their go to guys or offense. There’s not much of a passing game there as you could tell. 

1 hour ago, Rocketboy21 said:

I think he is. It definitely starts with him no doubt. Week one he ran the hall almost every play. Not sure why he didn’t run it this week. Saving him I guess. 33 and 2 are probably their go to guys or offense. There’s not much of a passing game there as you could tell. 

Saving him for region.  Thats the only thing that makes sense. I disagree with it though.