UC Tornado’s welcome USJ to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

17 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

I didn’t say anything disrespectful about USJ. I said we are conditioned well as liberty was not. Yes cramps occur often in this weather. You can quote the previous scores all day long. All I was saying was it’s going to be a battle unlike the previous years. USJ is always good. I may not agree with the private school rules but there is no doubt the talent is there. 

Already weaving excuses into your trash talk. Good move.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Already weaving excuses into your trash talk. Good move.

There will be no excuses. Y’all wanna doubt us please do. Me saying it’s going to be a battle is not trash talking. Me along with every other public school team doesn’t like the private school rules but there is nothing we can do about it. You know I have always had respect for USJ’s team and fans but if your a fan. They have definitely downgraded. 

Can’t really complain about private school rules when we play in an entirely separate division and both parties freely agreed to play this game…

That said, as a USJ fan this UC team looks like a whole different animal than we’ve seen the last two years. I watched a bit of the Lake County film and UC was out for blood. Their line is a bit undersized but they fire off the ball low, drive and finish their blocks with anger. Love to see it. They have a couple of speedsters as well.

I think UC will score some points, but on the other side of the ball there are a couple of matchups I think USJ will be able to exploit. I think USJ’s depth and combo of size and athleticism will wear down UC in the end, but it should definitely be a good game.

1 hour ago, Tornado82 said:

There will be no excuses. Y’all wanna doubt us please do. Me saying it’s going to be a battle is not trash talking. Me along with every other public school team doesn’t like the private school rules but there is nothing we can do about it. You know I have always had respect for USJ’s team and fans but if your a fan. They have definitely downgraded. 

What private school rules do you not like?

1 hour ago, USJalum88 said:

What private school rules do you not like?

The ability to offer financial aid ( Scholarships) to top athletes from anywhere whom normally could not afford a private school. It’s a recruitment tool. Either way like I said it doesn’t matter. See you in Tornado Alley Friday!!!!!! 

9 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

The ability to offer financial aid ( Scholarships) to top athletes from anywhere whom normally could not afford a private school. It’s a recruitment tool. Either way like I said it doesn’t matter. See you in Tornado Alley Friday!!!!!! 

If you don’t like the rules they play by don’t play them

1 hour ago, Tornado82 said:

I don’t make the schedule. But like I said those are the rules that are allowed. Whether I like them or not does not matter. We will let the kids play the games and the results will be the results. Obviously I can’t say a word without offending someone on here.

Didn’t offend me just a little back and forth. I commend UC for stepping up and playing USJ