Bearden vs west

Icebox89

2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

l agree with you. l don't see a better Bearden football team. Bearden offense is not very good. West defense is very good. #14 for West on offense ran the ball hard. West offensive line was better than Bearden defensive front and LBs. Bearden could not run the football effectively to take pressure of Beardens QB. West defensive front and LBs shut the run down and put pressure on the QB. Bearden has plenty of big bodied players that can run. Is it a lack of coaching or want to by the players. Only time will tell. Saw a lot of talking after plays by Bearden players. Did not seem to help much. A lot of penalties for Bearden also. Maybe a lack of discipline on Beardens part. West had a lot of penalties also and they talked after plays also, but West had enough football players/ athletes to over come their lack of discipline. l hope Diamond Clear Media did not jinx Bearden. l noticed before the game got started it said West (0-0) vs Bearden (4-5) on the screen. Maybe DMC was predicting Beardens record for this year, maybe not. 

Bearden will be better coached, but it likely won't make a lot of difference this year.  The difference will be in that the freshmen team will learn the system from day one and they will be ready to step in a compete for jobs in the spring after almost a year in the system and in the S&C program.  There's really no reason to rush them on the field right now.  

6 hours ago, edwardblake said:

I’m curious as to what has improved at Bearden because from my perch at West High it looked like the same game as last year. Still a poor performance up front on both sides of the ball, still have poor QB play, and still have ball security issues. Last year it was 24-2 and this year it was 27-7. Same amount of turnovers except this time with an interception run back for a touchdown. What are you seeing that I’m missing?

They aren't light years ahead of where they were last year, but I definitely saw some little things that stood out to me. Same with OR. Baby steps. I like that they are trying to evolve their offense. Admittedly, it's hard to glean a lot in week 1 for a team like Bearden, with a new staff, especially against a team as good as West. 

4 hours ago, HTV said:

Bearden will be better coached, but it likely won't make a lot of difference this year.  The difference will be in that the freshmen team will learn the system from day one and they will be ready to step in a compete for jobs in the spring after almost a year in the system and in the S&C program.  There's really no reason to rush them on the field right now.  

Why are you assuming they will be better coached than the previous regime?