Marion County Warriors @ Tyner Rams

TheAnomaly

20 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Op I agree that the phrase is based on Opinion and it is MY opinion that Jasper has/had above average talent the past few years for 2a football.  I also agree there are different degrees of talent. Has Jasper had the level of talent as Baylor, Mccallie, or what CCS has this year....no but based on MY view / judgement based on watching both Jasper and a lot of other high school football programs for many years it is my opinion that Jasper has/had above average talent for 2a football. 

1i, Old Pirate commentary is directed at majority of fans/parents/supporters grossly loosely using adjectives such as talented way too loosely without a measured standard. Reality is often impossible to see or acknowledge by Rose Colored Glass wearing folkes. The truth is the majority of players have below average - average talent & skill levels. Those that stand out typically once within a similar collected pool of talent are average. The truly talented generally succeed at the next level, not merely pose fer photos sign letters of intent, then are back home after a short time and face the “Oh Shet Reality” they have been lied to.  The whole point here is, There should be appreciation for hard work, less loose phrase for performance against mediocre opponents, higher appreciation for the athletically blessed. The Georgia talent pool is grossly better than Tennessee. OP says example: The Allstate Player once was top notch. Now the Mommy & Daddy’s “ Every One Gets A Trophy” has destroyed the true definitive example of True Pure Eceptional Talent and excellence. OP’s skillet head opinion is, the realization of truth and reality have lost it’s true value. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

7 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

1i, Old Pirate commentary is directed at majority of fans/parents/supporters grossly loosely using adjectives such as talented way too loosely without a measured standard. Reality is often impossible to see or acknowledge by Rose Colored Glass wearing folkes. The truth is the majority of players have below average - average talent & skill levels. Those that stand out typically once within a similar collected pool of talent are average. The truly talented generally succeed at the next level, not merely pose fer photos sign letters of intent, then are back home after a short time and face the “Oh Shet Reality” they have been lied to.  The whole point here is, There should be appreciation for hard work, less loose phrase for performance against mediocre opponents, higher appreciation for the athletically blessed. The Georgia talent pool is grossly better than Tennessee. OP says example: The Allstate Player once was top notch. Now the Mommy & Daddy’s “ Every One Gets A Trophy” has destroyed the true definitive example of True Pure Eceptional Talent and excellence. OP’s skillet head opinion is, the realization of truth and reality have lost it’s true value. 

I do agree with you OP 

15 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Agree wholeheartedly 

On 9/3/2022 at 10:40 PM, Bushog02 said:

Just keeping it real, if Condra didn’t get hurt against Sequatchie , Marion would have won period now against Tyner it would have been a different game not saying Marion would won just saying one player does make a difference. Ask the Sequatchie and Marion fans. That’s for real 

Condra didn’t play all 11 positions on defense that is why you lost. Last time I checked it doesn’t matter if your offense goes off if you defense gives up 50 points :thumb:

On 9/3/2022 at 10:53 PM, Pirate2003 said:

I hate that your son was injured.  I am hoping for a speedy recovery for that young man. As for Dade.. I’m pretty sure they lost most of their starters last season off their best team in memory. Jasper will win this one. 

Jasper will lose to Dade this team is horrible by far the worst defense I’ve seen from them and that’s saying a lot because they’ve had some terrible defenses over the years. 

4 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Marion was up by 14 points when Condra got hurt and yes the defense struggled.

Just an outsider here but I’d say he is the best player they have. Older kid that’s a senior leader. Considering both sides of the ball. That’s a big loss. He would have made the difference in the Sequatchie win or loss. He would have made up for the difference in that game.