MARSHALL COUNTY AT CREEKWOOD

Chiledeme

Should be an interesting matchup. Long ride from Marshall County to Creekwood. Creekwood loss to Fairview might be a bit mis-leading as they had a player or two out for that game. Creekwood has changed to more pro/spread type offense also and that usually takes a few games to get dialed in. I think Marshall gets the W but it is an interesting matchup with region implications for both teams from here on out. 

MC beat Creekwood last season 42-0 at home.  Will the long bus ride to Creekwood change anything from last year or will the Tigers be too much again this year?  I think the way that the Tigers have played these first two games will have them come out victorious again on Friday night.  Their defense has been running around making all kinds of plays on that side of the ball and their QB play has been great as well.  Don't know much about Creekwood but don't think they can turn around a 42-point swing in one season based solely on the way the Tigers have been playing this early in the season. 

4 hours ago, WannaBeReferee said:

MC beat Creekwood last season 42-0 at home.  Will the long bus ride to Creekwood change anything from last year or will the Tigers be too much again this year?  I think the way that the Tigers have played these first two games will have them come out victorious again on Friday night.  Their defense has been running around making all kinds of plays on that side of the ball and their QB play has been great as well.  Don't know much about Creekwood but don't think they can turn around a 42-point swing in one season based solely on the way the Tigers have been playing this early in the season. 

Marshall's run defense has been a strength of the team. Columbia had a kid break a few long runs, but overall, the MCHS run defense has been good. Plus, the Jones kid may be one of the best sophomore receivers I've ever seen. He had 153 return yards against Columbia and then had 142 receiving yards against Shelbyville. Like I said, based on the two games I've seen MCHS play in, and comparing like opponents (MCHS played Fairview in the preseason), I'd think MCHS might be a 2-3 score winner.

I was not at the Fairview/CW game, but did "hear" Fairview did not play well, and they squeaked out the win.  MCHS has been a great scrimmage for Fairview the last 2 years, but it is obvious they are a very talented team.  Even though this game is at CW, which can be a tough environment to play in, MCHS wins this one easily.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 18NCS said:

This game was closer than i expected. Is Creekwood that much improved from last year or did Marshall Co not play its best game?  I expect Marshall Co to win the region if they can get by PC who is not as good as they were last year imo. 

I am pretty sure CW was really young last years as the same with the whole Region but Tullahoma.