Fayetteville (City) comes to Upperman

UCSportsFan

48 minutes ago, Varo said:

Wait, are you implying that the referee crew is going to help you win this game?  What has this world come to that games won't be decided on the field, by the players, but by "your" officiating crew?  I guess the Tigers will have to play, and beat all of them on Friday night.    

Where in my post did I say anything like that?

2 hours ago, Varo said:

Wait, are you implying that the referee crew is going to help you win this game?  What has this world come to that games won't be decided on the field, by the players, but by "your" officiating crew?  I guess the Tigers will have to play, and beat all of them on Friday night.    

No that is not what he was implying what actually happened was last year‘s crew made sure City won that game what I was saying is unless you bring that same crew with you this year Upperman will win the game now it will be a good game City is a good team no doubt about it but Upperman will win this game at home 28-12 35-12 something like that.

1 hour ago, City223 said:

What play can was so bad last year? The clear holding call or the long pass where upperman thought he was down..

There were three or four calls that all went against Upperman in one way or the other that affected the outcome I cannot recall them immediately because I haven’t watch the film in a while. I’ve coached for several years I’ve seen it go both ways a timely holding call here on a long run or a long pass play a pass interference called there a no call here or there for the home team and all of a sudden it’s a different ballgame and a different outcome which is what happened last year and you know what we all know you have to deal with a little adversity. Upperman still should have won the game they didn’t the bottom line is city won the game last year they deserved the win and they very well could pull the upset if Upperman makes mistakes however I don’t see that happening at home. 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

There were three or four calls that all went against Upperman in one way or the other that affected the outcome I cannot recall them immediately because I haven’t watch the film in a while. I’ve coached for several years I’ve seen it go both ways a timely holding call here on a long run or a long pass play a pass interference called there a no call here or there for the home team and all of a sudden it’s a different ballgame and a different outcome which is what happened last year and you know what we all know you have to deal with a little adversity. Upperman still should have won the game they didn’t the bottom line is city won the game last year they deserved the win and they very well could pull the upset if Upperman makes mistakes however I don’t see that happening at home. 

We had the ball on the one yard line with a 6’4 running back. Basically all he had do do was stretch out his arms to break the plain for the TD. He gained the yard and then stretched out his arms to easily break the plain of the goal line but no TD was given. Phantom holding on the last play of the game to win/tie. Running back that was on the ground with elbow got back up and scored a TD and there was a few more. I will watch the replay tonight and figure those out as well. Some of it was just unbelievable 

3 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

We had the ball on the one yard line with a 6’4 running back. Basically all he had do do was stretch out his arms to break the plain for the TD. He gained the yard and then stretched out his arms to easily break the plain of the goal line but no TD was given. Phantom holding on the last play of the game to win/tie. Running back that was on the ground with elbow got back up and scored a TD and there was a few more. I will watch the replay tonight and figure those out as well. Some of it was just unbelievable 

That should end any questions from the City side of the debate. It happened City benefited from home cooking refs Upperman wasn’t able to overcome it City won. End of discussion. Now on Friday night we meet again in Baxter. No excuses this time. Let’s find out who’s the better team this year!

29 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

That should end any questions from the City side of the debate. It happened City benefited from home cooking refs Upperman wasn’t able to overcome it City won. End of discussion. Now on Friday night we meet again in Baxter. No excuses this time. Let’s find out who’s the better team this year!

City is a great team and should be a great game. They will probably when another championship this year. I’m not trying to take anything away from them. It will be the first test of our season. Happy to have them on the schedule.

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

There’s a video that clearly shows the receiver never down..

I just got done re watching the game. The 50-50 calls didn’t go our way to say the least. The touchdown at the end of the game that was called back was for a block in the back by one of our lineman. Upperman’s pass defense was straight up terrible and we missed a lot of opportunities. Our defense is better this year but what concerns me is our passing game. We will need to pass to open up the run. We haven’t been challenged to pass this season so we will probably find out if we have a passing game. 

8 hours ago, crow6424 said:

I just got done re watching the game. The 50-50 calls didn’t go our way to say the least. The touchdown at the end of the game that was called back was for a block in the back by one of our lineman. Upperman’s pass defense was straight up terrible and we missed a lot of opportunities. Our defense is better this year but what concerns me is our passing game. We will need to pass to open up the run. We haven’t been challenged to pass this season so we will probably find out if we have a passing game. 

When you go on the road you don’t get a lot of the 50-50 calls so that’s to be expected the bottom line is the best team won last year and that’s all that needs to be said. Now on to this game!  I’ve watched this freshman quarterback play football throughout middle school and he can definitely throw the football on time and can make some big plays happen. I honestly don’t know much about the starting QB other than what I’ve seen this year. He can definitely run the option well and seems to be a very good runner and a really good athlete. Not sure about the throwing aspect but then again he hasn’t had to. I’m like you though I believe we will have to throw to keep some drives alive and score more points this week. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

16 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

When you go on the road you don’t get a lot of the 50-50 calls so that’s to be expected the bottom line is the best team won last year and that’s all that needs to be said. Now on to this game!  I’ve watched this freshman quarterback play football throughout middle school and he can definitely throw the football on time and can make some big plays happen. I honestly don’t know much about the starting QB other than what I’ve seen this year. He can definitely run the option well and seems to be a very good runner and a really good athlete. Not sure about the throwing aspect but then again he hasn’t had to. I’m like you though I believe we will have to throw to keep some drives alive and score more points this week. 

I’ve seen that 3 has played more at qb. Is he starting over 11 or is he injured?