Oak Ridge against Farragut

bounder

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah they had short fields all night long and had 24 points to show for it. Basically handed them 14 points on a golden platter. A really good team and it would’ve been 50 zip. Credit to Farragut for beating us, and they are a better team than OR, but they aren’t a very impressive team. And yeah, I know that definitely doesn’t say much about us either. Compared to some of the recent Farragut teams they are average, and still whipped us. I agree with ORDT that it was a very poorly played game by us. We are still making the same type mistakes teams make in their first game. If anything, we’ve regressed, hate to say. Very bad all the way around, except for the running game which is a huge improvement from the past few years. But aside from that, pretty awful.

If Farragut is down, that is concerning. We lost 30-35 last year when Farragut was better and 0-24 this year when we’re supposed to be better. 
The running game couldn’t put any points on the board. 
OR was way off…Bad News Bears style. We are still undefeated where it matters, but things need to pick up. We can’t keep waiting for the injured to return. 

1 hour ago, ForTheRidge said:

If Farragut is down, that is concerning. We lost 30-35 last year when Farragut was better and 0-24 this year when we’re supposed to be better. 
The running game couldn’t put any points on the board. 
OR was way off…Bad News Bears style. We are still undefeated where it matters, but things need to pick up. We can’t keep waiting for the injured to return. 

I just think a really good team last night would’ve blown us out of the water, that’s how bad we were. Farragut is a good team, I don’t mean to say they aren’t, but I didn’t come away highly impressed. With the short fields we gave them all night long it could’ve easily been a 49-0 type game. But I guess you have to give our defense credit for that too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rwrbigcat said:

I think whoever plays they have to get good calls. We are not doing quick slants at all. We have not done many out routes. Shoot we haven’t run the go like we did in both the scrimmage and the first game. These kids will miss throws. But two drops by 13 aren’t like him either and one was a TD drop that hit him in hands and the other was a catch he always makes on a one on one. They all just had a bad game. Chalk it up to a bad night and move on. First year qb has had us in all the games but this one. I’d say that’s a pretty good start. Get weapons back and it changes everything. We gave them many points that we don’t usually do. 

#13 not performing like the power 5 recruit they say he is is hurting them he hasn’t been winning any of the 1 on 1’s

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 2011Class said:

#13 not performing like the power 5 recruit they say he is is hurting them he hasn’t been winning any of the 1 on 1’s

He is definitely a big school recruit. He has all of the attributes. He just needs to dial it in and win the one on ones. When he has the ball in his hands it’s fun to watch. 

9 hours ago, SweetScience said:

You’re right, we did have quite a few drops. You say #14 overthrew a guy by 10 yards, which he did, but #2 had #13 wide open on a Z route in the EZ and basically threw it into the concession stand. Either way, we are HURTING at the QB position. 

Glad someone has finally agreed with me!!!! I’ve been saying it the qb is not good! We can’t pass it’s very simple to see that!!! And again so many guys giving excuses about players out… I’ve said it before other teams don’t speak on players being out when they lose… Bearden had 3 of the best players out. Powell played without Potts… than played without adarius and Ayden.. we are not the only ones with players out lol.. even with them back we still can’t pass! I never made the post for the Farragut thread, but if you were shocked than you don’t know football.. Farragut strength of schedule was super high! Beech, west, Maryville only losing to Maryville by 13 and scoring 28! I knew they would come hungry! Offense is balanced!!! Any team with a. Better qb and better plays will always have a chance to beat us.. our defense saves us the 49-0 that you guys thought could happen last night 

15 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Glad someone has finally agreed with me!!!! I’ve been saying it the qb is not good! We can’t pass it’s very simple to see that!!! And again so many guys giving excuses about players out… I’ve said it before other teams don’t speak on players being out when they lose… Bearden had 3 of the best players out. Powell played without Potts… than played without adarius and Ayden.. we are not the only ones with players out lol.. even with them back we still can’t pass! I never made the post for the Farragut thread, but if you were shocked than you don’t know football.. Farragut strength of schedule was super high! Beech, west, Maryville only losing to Maryville by 13 and scoring 28! I knew they would come hungry! Offense is balanced!!! Any team with a. Better qb and better plays will always have a chance to beat us.. our defense saves us the 49-0 that you guys thought could happen last night 

Powell played without Potts and lost twice. Yes, he makes a difference. However, as good as he is the game against Karns was the Rb that won them that game. He had a great game. We don’t have our guys back, 1, 7, 9, 17. All starters in the offense and some defense side of the ball. Have to say one more time, last nights loss wasn’t on one player. The offense looked bad. The penalties once again were bad. The play calling looked bad. We had four fumbles, three that were lost. All by different players. Balls dropped, passes missed, snaps low, line blocks missed, more than one or two players with that much happening. We have to get better everywhere to do anything at all. That being said, I am looking forward to being able to have a power back 7 with 22 again. 

9 minutes ago, Rwrbigcat said:

Powell played without Potts and lost twice. Yes, he makes a difference. However, as good as he is the game against Karns was the Rb that won them that game. He had a great game. We don’t have our guys back, 1, 7, 9, 17. All starters in the offense and some defense side of the ball. Have to say one more time, last nights loss wasn’t on one player. The offense looked bad. The penalties once again were bad. The play calling looked bad. We had four fumbles, three that were lost. All by different players. Balls dropped, passes missed, snaps low, line blocks missed, more than one or two players with that much happening. We have to get better everywhere to do anything at all. That being said, I am looking forward to being able to have a power back 7 with 22 again. 

Yes they did lose sir but no one complained about it! They still had athletes to win the games. We make excuses for missing guys and still have better players on the field.. having the power back gets us more running and less passing. Less balanced than we already are.. elijah at corner back a lock down, but we get beat over the top safety. The guys that’s out won’t make up for the troubles in offense in my opinion.. maybe elijah catches the 1 on 1 balls, but the consistency to even get them there is missing.. bad play calling has been a problem for years.. someone on this thread tried to be funny when I said Cummings old west players said they didn’t like his play calling and coaching.. well running the option on the 1 yard when you have a hard.nose dozier is comedy… 

36 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Yes they did lose sir but no one complained about it! They still had athletes to win the games. We make excuses for missing guys and still have better players on the field.. having the power back gets us more running and less passing. Less balanced than we already are.. elijah at corner back a lock down, but we get beat over the top safety. The guys that’s out won’t make up for the troubles in offense in my opinion.. maybe elijah catches the 1 on 1 balls, but the consistency to even get them there is missing.. bad play calling has been a problem for years.. someone on this thread tried to be funny when I said Cummings old west players said they didn’t like his play calling and coaching.. well running the option on the 1 yard when you have a hard.nose dozier is comedy… 

Agree with that they were moving with the power game. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat

19 minutes ago, ForTheRidge said:

Did anyone listen to Cummings postgame interview? If so, your thoughts. 

I believe it does have to do with coaching. He took the blame for it. The key is everyone has to buy in. The players are playing like they have been taught. The players also don’t call the plays. It’s not the kids fault if a coach calls an option 4th and one, or a muffed punt on the 6 yard line. We’re they yelling oskie or something to tell him where it was? We have some depth, but sometimes the depth comes at a cost. I haven’t been able to be at practices to see, but have been told that we have all players on same field and there are many people practicing at every spot. If this is true, we aren’t getting many game reps at game speed. No rhythm. I’m all for depth as last year we had none, but there has to be a balance of actual practice reps and depth. I have always been taught your practice is what happens in a game. Anyone actually seen if this is the case? How are they run. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat

21 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

I agree that I've heard enough excuses...every team deals with injuries. OR wasn't ready to play last night and I agree with whoever said that Farragut isn't as good as normal...they're good but is NOT a great Farragut team. We have QB issues but it goes beyond that. If we can figure out a way to get the ball to our playmakers (22 and 13)  MANY times a game, we win. I don't like to criticize play calls after the fact BUT on the goal line, get the ball to 22. At midfield, get the ball to 22. Deep in your own territory, get the ball to 22. And when you don't get it him...get it to 13.