Oak Ridge against Farragut

bounder

10 minutes ago, catswild said:

I agree that I've heard enough excuses...every team deals with injuries. OR wasn't ready to play last night and I agree with whoever said that Farragut isn't as good as normal...they're good but is NOT a great Farragut team. We have QB issues but it goes beyond that. If we can figure out a way to get the ball to our playmakers (22 and 13)  MANY times a game, we win. I don't like to criticize play calls after the fact BUT on the goal line, get the ball to 22. At midfield, get the ball to 22. Deep in your own territory, get the ball to 22. And when you don't get it him...get it to 13. 

Agree with this. We need to run hard routes in practice with one on ones drills so we learn to catch these balls in practice and then it will be in a game. Are we hitting our rbs enough in practice to let them know what contact will be like? Grasping at straws, but hopefully we can pull it together, sooner than later. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat

5 minutes ago, catswild said:

Too much talk of injuries and kids being "uncoachable".  Stop with the excuses...take your lumps, get back to work, and move on!

That’s the part that bothered me because he called them out by name. 
The other part that got me was when he said this was unacceptable because HE had never had a shutout in HIS CAREER before. 
But I’m for him and the team all the way. You just don’t say everything you think out loud. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ForTheRidge said:

The other part that got me was when he said this was unacceptable because HE had never had a shutout in HIS CAREER before. 
But I’m for him and the team all the way. You just don’t say everything you think out loud. 

Agree here. I would like to see him try to build some confidence in players. A little could go a long way for these kids. 

11 hours ago, ORDT said:

Not sure anyone deserved a shirt? I guess these shirts are turning out to be participation ribbons. #23, did he even get in on a tackle? I see him doing more dancing around before the games and between plays then actually making a play. SMH

ORDT I started to not give anyone a shirt last night. And they are NOT participation ribbons these kids earn them. Yes #3 dropped a kick but he has had a good season up till tonite. #23 has played good all season also. So what if he dances around? Maybe they all need some more enthusiasm on the sidelines. I'm not a coach just a long time fan. You're welcome to come up to Z section and sit with me and try to pick who should or shouldn't get a shirt. Ain't always that easy. 

Excuse the rant I'm off the soapbox now.

WILDCAT PRIDE

36 minutes ago, ForTheRidge said:

Not a good look if he called kids out by name. A really quick way to get a large majority of the fan base ticked at you. I understand the frustration, but can’t be doing that, especially this day and age.

50 minutes ago, catswild said:

I agree that I've heard enough excuses...every team deals with injuries. OR wasn't ready to play last night and I agree with whoever said that Farragut isn't as good as normal...they're good but is NOT a great Farragut team. We have QB issues but it goes beyond that. If we can figure out a way to get the ball to our playmakers (22 and 13)  MANY times a game, we win. I don't like to criticize play calls after the fact BUT on the goal line, get the ball to 22. At midfield, get the ball to 22. Deep in your own territory, get the ball to 22. And when you don't get it him...get it to 13. 

Yet they still laid waste to Oak Ridge. I still can’t get over how awful we looked last night. Things can only go up from here, you’d think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Not a good look if he called kids out by name. A really quick way to get a large majority of the fan base ticked at you. I understand the frustration, but can’t be doing that, especially this day and age.

It wasn’t an if and I don’t mean that in a smart mouth way. I won’t do the same and say the name on here but I only knew one of the names after I heard him say it in the interview. 

5 minutes ago, ForTheRidge said:

I’m going to forget about this week and start checking out Lenoir City. Can’t believe I just typed that. 

That’s what it has come to man, lol. We have got to get this Farragut monkey off of our backs. Shutout only twice in 25 years and both times have come to them in the past 5 years. We are their whipping boy. Hard to believe. It was the other way around for years on end. We have become their Clinton.

Edited by SweetScience