Summit @ Blackman

Vol9093

Summit has a good little defense but just not the same team minus the Wade twins. Blackman was able to finally get some much needed work in with Ensworth transfer Jacob Page in the Riverdale game and I believe that really built some confidence between the QB and receiver.  Fortunately  Blackman also will see TE Ben Marshall return this week as well. Blackman took a pretty good whoopin at the hands of the Wade brothers last year at Summit last season, and I believe there is going to be a little bit of a chip on the shoulder and some motivation to return the favor at home this week. 

I am hopeful that the Blackman Offense can get a rhythm early and not make silly mistakes, mitigate dropped passes, and capitalize on every opportunity inside the redzone.  Defensively they need to grow a little more, meet the runner in the gap, the LB's don't need to hold up and wait on the runner to get to you. When you do you give them extra yardage and they now the momentum going into the tackle, which carries into the run.

This could be Blackmans opportunity to play its best game to date. 

Blackman  42 - 21

Edited by Blaze45

11 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Summit has a good little defense but just not the same team minus the Wade twins. Blackman was able to finally get some much needed work in with Ensworth transfer Jacob Page in the Riverdale game and I believe that really built some confidence between the QB and receiver.  Fortunately  Blackman also will see TE Ben Marshall return this week as well. Blackman took a pretty good whoopin at the hands of the Wade brothers last year at Summit last season, and I believe there is going to be a little bit of a chip on the shoulder and some motivation to return the favor at home this week. 

I am hopeful that the Blackman Offense can get a rhythm early and not make silly mistakes, mitigate dropped passes, and capitalize on every opportunity inside the redzone.  Defensively they need to grow a little more, meet the runner in the gap, the LB's don't need to hold up and wait on the runner to get to you. When you do you give them extra yardage and they now the momentum going into the tackle, which carries into the run.

This could be Blackmans opportunity to play its best game to date. 

Blackman  42 - 21

Will the Blaze kick  the ball deep this week and will they continue to try to get continuity between the Page kid and the QB now that Ben is back?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pops17 said:

Will the Blaze kick  the ball deep this week and will they continue to try to get continuity between the Page kid and the QB now that Ben is back?

I think the kicking game will be a mix of onside and deep balls... they have recovered 2 onside kicks in each of the last two games and one in the Brentwood game . As for building on Page's catches, I think it opens up a few more options. Ben will still get his share of passes as will Brown, but with Page getting healthy an developing some chemistry just allows for more options on the field at the same time. Page will really be a target as the season gets deeper. Defenses know that they cant let Brown beat them so they put one over and one under. That's gonna leave defenses playing man coverage on Page, which is going to be dangerous. Then put Hollaway in the mix at RB spot as he continues to develop, it makes for a dangerous offense 

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

I think the kicking game will be a mix of onside and deep balls... they have recovered 2 onside kicks in each of the last two games and one in the Brentwood game . As for building on Page's catches, I think it opens up a few more options. Ben will still get his share of passes as will Brown, but with Page getting healthy an developing some chemistry just allows for more options on the field at the same time. Page will really be a target as the season gets deeper. Defenses know that they cant let Brown beat them so they put one over and one under. That's gonna leave defenses playing man coverage on Page, which is going to be dangerous. Then put Hollaway in the mix at RB spot as he continues to develop, it makes for a dangerous offense 

I mean isn't he trying to go to college and the other 2 are committed, with his numbers he won't get in college(P5).  He's a major talent but as a senior not committed to anyone and not getting alot of targets doesn't bode well for his future.  Honestly I wouldn't be a happy camper if it were me. I want to win like the next man but i also have to think about my future.

19 minutes ago, Pops17 said:

I mean isn't he trying to go to college and the other 2 are committed, with his numbers he won't get in college(P5).  He's a major talent but as a senior not committed to anyone and not getting alot of targets doesn't bode well for his future.  Honestly I wouldn't be a happy camper if it were me. I want to win like the next man but i also have to think about my future.

Page has numerous Power 5 offers, including Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Purdue, Washington, Memphis and Indiana. Plus everyone of these colleges knew he had surgery on his thumb this offseason. He wasn't expected back until this week or possibly next, but fortunately has been able to play a little early.  I don't think there is any college swaying away from their offers. If anything as the season goes I expect to see a couple more come to the table. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, Pops17 said:

Your only posts have been about Page.. ‘i wouldn’t be a happy camper?’ kinda of strange, unless your his ‘pops’’ or an ensworth guy. The kid is special. He had 7 catches for 80+ yards friday night. Coming off the hand injury, and after friday, his output is only going to trend upward. 

27 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

Your only posts have been about Page.. ‘i wouldn’t be a happy camper?’ kinda of strange, unless your his ‘pops’’ or an ensworth guy. The kid is special. He had 7 catches for 80+ yards friday night. Coming off the hand injury, and after friday, his output is only going to trend upward. 

A bit strange is true.... he did have a couple pass attempts in the previous games that he dropped. QB's wanna know they just gotta get the ball to you or close and you are gonna make a play.  Last week did a lot to build some confidence in the QB with Page... I think we will see a balance mix of Page, Brown and Marshall and a taste of Dollaway this week. 

I think Blackman uses these next two games to dial in their playmakers before paying the juggernaut Oakland. Hopefully his will be a time they also clean up the penalties and focus on attacking he ball at the line of scrimmage. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

A bit strange is true.... he did have a couple pass attempts in the previous games that he dropped. QB's wanna know they just gotta get the ball to you or close and you are gonna make a play.  Last week did a lot to build some confidence in the QB with Page... I think we will see a balance mix of Page, Brown and Marshall and a taste of Dollaway this week. 

I think Blackman uses these next two games to dial in their playmakers before paying the juggernaut Oakland. Hopefully his will be a time they also clean up the penalties and focus on attacking he ball at the line of scrimmage. 

Like some have said…. Throw more deep balls to your studs. No one can stop that as long as the QB is accurate… 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, DawgsPBS said:

I just want to see what all the hype is about on this kid, for all that i've heard i havent seen any of it, just trying to figure out if its just smoke being blown up our you kn ow what.