Science Hill @ Powell

Knoxvegas865

Science Hill (2-1) is a lot of Jekyll & Hyde this year, you really don't know what you're going to get until game day.   Powell (1-2) probably has a better team but it's hard to know, even with everyone healthy and accounted for it is very likely they still lose the first 2 games (against Maryville and Anderson Co).     I'm going Powell 24-20

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Science Hill (2-1) is a lot of Jekyll & Hyde this year, you really don't know what you're going to get until game day.   Powell (1-2) probably has a better team but it's hard to know, even with everyone healthy and accounted for it is very likely they still lose the first 2 games (against Maryville and Anderson Co).     I'm going Powell 24-20

You may be right about Powell losing the first two no matter what but they could’ve been a lot more competitive. Have yet to see  Redmond play on defense this year which I think makes a big difference too and think some people may have overlooked.

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I have no clue who is sitting this one out for Powell, but if they have anyone questionable, I doubt we'll see them play with an important district game next week.

Yep. At this point it's about finishing as highly as possible in region play for seeding.  If they aren't healthy they don't need to play.  

11 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Another game, and Powell continues to look completely flat offensively. Almost seems like Josh Jones took this team's swagger when he left for Bearden.

Science Hill offense trying to avoid Soles as much as possible because he is ready to hit them and force fumbles. Think the refs helped Powell with the fumble ruling earlier

15 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Panthers hang on for the W, 31-24, after they almost choked it away.

Powell scored with a min to play to go ahead 31-17. SH returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD, then recovered the onside kick. Soles got a strip sack a couple of plays later to ice it.

Crazy ending. Credit to Science Hill players for making plays. They didn’t look ready to have a passing game but they took advantage of Powell’s weaknesses special teams and run defense.