LENOIR CITY @ OAK RIDGE HOMECOMING

bonkers

8 hours ago, catswild said:

I'm not sure what to make of what I just saw. I'm just glad it's over. We had too many penalties, we lost a starting LB, we lost a QB, and I'm pretty sure we had 2-3 turnovers, and I think I saw an official signal another starter of ours ejected. No grades and no further comments. Let's get ready for Powell...they barely beat Clinton 

Still way too many turnovers. We had several fumbles and penalties . The turnovers almost cost us the game. Hopefully our starters get healthy. And it’s possible 13 was ejected again, he didn’t enter the game after that call, not sure on that one. We need them all against Powell. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat

I'm glad that games over, it was butt ugly! It just felt wrong this evening from the time I parked the car until the game was done. And the poor Lenior Band had to try to do their performance after the game was over. What a mess!   We seemed to play some defense in the 4th quarter but the rest of the game the D wasn't in sync for some reason and too many stupid penalties. Sorry I don't think I've ever been this negative after a game especially one we won. I'm done talking now!

13 hours ago, SweetScience said:

They have been bad for years, but I really respect their fan base. I went to the game @ LC last year, and I sat and watched a guy cheer them on every play, even when they’d give up a 75 yard touchdown. He was the most positive human being I think I’ve ever seen in such a bleak situation as that. I wish I could be that great of a fan for OR, but I’ll be the first one to admit that I’m terrible at times. I admire folks like that. It’s easy being a fan for a perennial winner.

You sat near my son and I at that game, I know exactly who you are talking about. My son mentioned the guy tonight, said he was the most positive supporter he's ever seen.  

Very odd game.Oak Ridge could've ran the ball and won by 50 but chose to work on things.Played lots of guys and different combos.I look forward to when our guys learn the offense and get comfortable with it.We still have too many pre snap penalties.It was ugly to watch but glad we used it as practice instead of letting Dozier run 25 times for 300yds.He is amazing and was bull dozing people every run.These injuries are getting ridiculous.Much needed off week.RWR

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

Very odd game.Oak Ridge could've ran the ball and won by 50 but chose to work on things.Played lots of guys and different combos.I look forward to when our guys learn the offense and get comfortable with it.We still have too many pre snap penalties.It was ugly to watch but glad we used it as practice instead of letting Dozier run 25 times for 300yds.He is amazing and was bull dozing people every run.These injuries are getting ridiculous.Much needed off week.RWR

I guess that’s one way to look at it. I think we were scrambling to win, not using the game for practice. But win we did. We can go from there. 

4 hours ago, ForTheRidge said:

I guess that’s one way to look at it. I think we were scrambling to win, not using the game for practice. But win we did. We can go from there. 

We was running for about 10yds a play. They no doubt kept trying to get the passing game going. They played more different people than they have all year. Even the freshman quarterback got to play. I never felt like they were in danger of losing the game. LCscored on their first or second drive. And then their offense never scored again

Edited by NoleNation3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

You've taken the "silver lining" philosophy to a new level !!!  Too many penalties...ejections are too frequent...mouthing by players is common...that's what we better work on...I'll leave it at that..

20 minutes ago, catswild said:

He sounded sad and like they had lost the game...but it was an ugly game, so I'm not sure how anyone would've sounded. 

Yeah, he definitely sounded discouraged or depleted to me.  I guess he's very concerned about the injury situation and then to have another player ejected is taking its toll on him. 

If it was #13 that got ejected from the game, I'm sure he's getting frustrated that he's not getting a lot of touches on offense. I'm not saying that's what happened, but I'm sure it's a small part of it. 

12 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

I thought that too, I think once they got up 21-6, they started trying different stuff to get a game scenario on how it would work. Did a lot of passing with the two younger QBs after Sharpe went out. The week off does come at a good time. Hopefully OR will go to Powell at somewhere near full strength.

• Like 2