Elizabethton vs Grainger

Bigslydog1983

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Any Elizabethton fans who were at the Greeneville and Boone games....    How does Boone's defense compare to Greeneville?        I'm trying to get a gauge of how we will stack up against Morristown West tonight

I wasn’t at the Boone vs Betsy I game but know that Greeneville gave up 64 yards and 4 first downs to Betsy for the entire game. (I’m sure you can fill us in on what they had against Boone).  Morristown West had 225 yards and 19 first downs.  You will see a heavy dose of the RB Johnson (played against his brother) and a big OLine for West.  They returned a kickoff for a TD against Greeneville too.    I still picked you all to win so don’t let me down Blazer (I’m 2nd in the Big Ones right now)

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I wasn’t at the Boone vs Betsy I game but know that Greeneville gave up 64 yards and 4 first downs to Betsy for the entire game. (I’m sure you can fill us in on what they had against Boone).  Morristown West had 225 yards and 19 first downs.  You will see a heavy dose of the RB Johnson (played against his brother) and a big OLine for West.  They returned a kickoff for a TD against Greeneville too.    I still picked you all to win so don’t let me down Blazer (I’m 2nd in the Big Ones right now)

Thanks for the info... so on offense it sounds like West is mainly a run oriented team

25 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Thanks for the info... so on offense it sounds like West is mainly a run oriented team

They are definitely more run oriented but will keep you honest with their passing game.  They ran the ball 38 times and passed it 26 times against Greeneville and didn't have to many penalties (5 for the game).

10 minutes ago, Tab said:

Don’t jump the gun. They played Grainger so who knows if they have found an offense.

Well it was a much needed win, lose this game and there would be a huge temptation to throw in the towel.... we all know how 16 year old kids are.    So a good win regardless of the opponent, get back some confidence and build on it going forward.