Greeneville at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

2 hours ago, B-Ball Fan said:

I agree Swipes.  I'm not sure how Trap reaches that conclusion.  2 common opponents tell us very little.  Boone looked much better against MoWest, but GHS looked better against Betsy than Boone, who looked pretty weak.  

That definitely was my point and figured he was reaching by just looking at the Morristown West Score and not taking into account the Betsy Score or how Greeneville dominated that game more than Boone did against them.

DB 35- Greeneville 21…I think DB does better on penalties and they are at home with the home crowd.. plus Greeneville is matched up with athletes in all positions with DB having more speed across the board than they have had in a long time…also Greeneville RB is big and slower than usual.. more qb runs and wr screens.. DB will win the line of scrimmage this game and I see them coming out on top in a tough fight and a tough game…

On 9/21/2022 at 1:18 PM, Swipes said:

That definitely was my point and figured he was reaching by just looking at the Morristown West Score and not taking into account the Betsy Score or how Greeneville dominated that game more than Boone did against them.

Not reaching at all. Boone has the best defense and special teams in the area and it is not debatable. You mention the Elizabethton game and if you was there, you would have seen as soon as we took that lead the coaches took the air out of the ball. Jenkins knew Elizabethton was never going to score. As far as Greeneville goes, Boone scrimmaged them and handled them pretty easy. I know its a scrimmage and doesn't mean anything but facts are facts. Greeneville has some really good young talent in the trenches but their skill players are down from previous years. If DB does not win this Friday by 2 or more touchdowns I will be really surprised. 

36 minutes ago, Trap21 said:

Not reaching at all. Boone has the best defense and special teams in the area and it is not debatable. You mention the Elizabethton game and if you was there, you would have seen as soon as we took that lead the coaches took the air out of the ball. Jenkins knew Elizabethton was never going to score. As far as Greeneville goes, Boone scrimmaged them and handled them pretty easy. I know its a scrimmage and doesn't mean anything but facts are facts. Greeneville has some really good young talent in the trenches but their skill players are down from previous years. If DB does not win this Friday by 2 or more touchdowns I will be really surprised. 

What is the probability that Boone can pull of a 10-0 season?     CAK seems down this year, but Hampton is #1 in 2A and looking pretty good.     Science Hill.... they are a bit like Elizabethton in that some years we have the better team but still manage to find a way to lose.      So 10-0 might be a stretch, maybe 9-1???

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

What is the probability that Boone can pull of a 10-0 season?     CAK seems down this year, but Hampton is #1 in 2A and looking pretty good.     Science Hill.... they are a bit like Elizabethton in that some years we have the better team but still manage to find a way to lose.      So 10-0 might be a stretch, maybe 9-1???

While this is the best team Boone has had in a while the one thing they don't have is alot of depth. As long as they stay healthy they have a chance. The SH game is a question mark, that is one school I have never figured out. How can a school with that many athletes not be better than they are? I have no idea about CAK, I do know they handled us pretty good last year.   

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

IF they lose, it will be to CAK.  No disrespect to Hampton but the difference in size between a 2A and 5A is just too much.

As far as the Hill, as long as you don't punt it off your own player's back, you should be good.  I had to go there didn't I? :D

3 hours ago, Trap21 said:

Dude Greeneville held Betsy to 64 yards of total offense in that game and if you think Jenkins took the ball out of the air when they were up 7-0 then Boone ain't ready for no play-off run playing like that and not a smart decision as a coach not trying to score against potentially the best D you will face in the regular season.

Scrimmage, really?:rolleyes:  Maryville gets beat in scrimmages and then Recks people in the regular season.  The goal of a scrimmage is to see what you have and work on issues not try to kill the other team.  Take you IFL games somewhere else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

IF they lose, it will be to CAK.  No disrespect to Hampton but the difference in size between a 2A and 5A is just too much.

As far as the Hill, as long as you don't punt it off your own player's back, you should be good.  I had to go there didn't I? :D

If they lose to CAK this year they have a 0% chance of making a run in the play-offs.  CAK is not that good and have seen them play

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Dude Greeneville held Betsy to 64 yards of total offense in that game and if you think Jenkins took the ball out of the air when they were up 7-0 then Boone ain't ready for no play-off run playing like that and not a smart decision as a coach not trying to score against potentially the best D you will face in the regular season.

Scrimmage, really?:rolleyes:  Maryville gets beat in scrimmages and then Recks people in the regular season.  The goal of a scrimmage is to see what you have and work on issues not try to kill the other team.  Take you IFL games somewhere else

This. ^^^

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Simpy9 said:

DB 35- Greeneville 21…I think DB does better on penalties and they are at home with the home crowd.. plus Greeneville is matched up with athletes in all positions with DB having more speed across the board than they have had in a long time…also Greeneville RB is big and slower than usual.. more qb runs and wr screens.. DB will win the line of scrimmage this game and I see them coming out on top in a tough fight and a tough game…

DB can't play aggressive football without the penalties. It's baked into the cake. It's a fine line and a well-coached team won't go over that line to the tune of 100-150 yards in penalties. So, if you don't play with aggression against a team like Greeneville you will lose. If you have 100-150 yards in penalties, you also lose. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Well, it's Game Day!  I'm a little nervous about this one, although not near as nervous as I'll be come this time next Friday as at least this isn't a region game that helps determine playoff seeding, like next Friday will be.

Do I think the Tribe are good enough to beat Greeneville?  Yes, I really do.

Will they beat Greeneville?  I don't know.  My head just isn't thinking it.  Playing like we did against Volunteer and West Ridge won't get it done even though those were both lopsided affairs, we didn't play particularly well in either of those games.  We looked excellent against Crockett but it's becoming apparent that Crockett just isn't any good this year.

My heart says Tribe, my head says otherwise.  I'll go with:

Greene Devils 24

Indians 17

Hope I am wrong though.

• Upvote 1