Clay County @ Westmoreland

OldTownRoad

Hard fought nasty football game played by two good teams. 34 penalties for 385 yards. That’s absurd. Clay19-195&west16-190. The refs were fair but called a lot of bad penalties both ways.Clay just let too many opportunities to score on the field. Three trips in red zone with no points. Outgained Westmoreland 300-250 in yardage. Clay should have run on two point conversion. I believe the outcome would have been different. Don’t know about west injuries but clay took some lumps loosing key starters during game. Hope speedy recoveries for all thatplayed in a slugfest.I enjoy this game every year and lastnight was no different. Exciting every year no matter the outcome until the last minute. I’m just proud to be a Bulldog. Go Dawgs!

1 hour ago, Reynard said:

Whiner, chest thumper, poor mouther, excuse maker, cheerleader, and stamp licker. You got all the bases covered.

Cant wait to see all this Westy Hipe get demolished in the second round.  Maybe first round.  They have a decent team.  Offense is medicore and their defense is nowhere as good as some posters believe.  Region just isnt that strong this year which is leading to alot of false sense of security.  IMO

26 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

Cant wait to see all this Westy Hipe get demolished in the second round.  Maybe first round.  They have a decent team.  Offense is medicore and their defense is nowhere as good as some posters believe.  Region just isnt that strong this year which is leading to alot of false sense of security.  IMO

Fair opinion stated. I'd agree that H2O and TC being down water down the region.  But as far as defense, Eagles have given up 13 to Portland, 20 to Macon, 13 to Smith Co and 19 to Clay. What's  your opinion on the stregnth of those teams ? Fact check me,but i think those games were the lowest offensive output for each of those teams this year.  Hey you may end up being right, but Eagles D has held up so far against a pretty tough non Region schedule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

We will take 1 point wins all year! It’s hard to win playing the refs. Watch the video when my son picked off the screen pass! The white hat didn’t hide his disgust at all! He was the one all night calling everything on us at the right time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

I guess your saying clay county is weak to right?

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Fair opinion stated. I'd agree that H2O and TC being down water down the region.  But as far as defense, Eagles have given up 13 to Portland, 20 to Macon, 13 to Smith Co and 19 to Clay. What's  your opinion on the stregnth of those teams ? Fact check me,but i think those games were the lowest offensive output for each of those teams this year.  Hey you may end up being right, but Eagles D has held up so far against a pretty tough non Region schedule.

I’m basing off observation while following TC and H20 over the past few years.  It gets REALLY  REAL in the playoffs.  As expected.  All quality teams you have listed here. Seen all of them in person.   Truthfully, I was picking more so at the whining from Westy posters about the refs.  

22 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

I’m basing off observation while following TC and H20 over the past few years.  It gets REALLY  REAL in the playoffs.  As expected.  All quality teams you have listed here. Seen all of them in person.   Truthfully, I was picking more so at the whining from Westy posters about the refs.  

Your not realizing meigs and Marion are down. Year to year things change

Edited by Mr. Postman1

21 hours ago, Doug said:

This is fair but Macon is ranked in the top 10 in 4A and Westy gave up 20 to them and one of those TD’s was a kickoff return