Cland vs Cosby

THE KING

21 minutes ago, THE KING said:

There's really only 2 given W's left.  We'll be in a dogfight with wg, unicoi, and jc.  That loss to hv really hurt us on a winning season.  I was thinking we'd be 5-5 or 6-4.  Cland will be battle tested going into the playoffs and nearly all of these kids will be back with a year in the weight room under their belt

Agree ,should be better and more experienced next season. I also think the 3 games you mentioned will be tough games, All depends on JC, they seem to be playing a little better.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/24/2022 at 10:50 PM, pujo said:

Winning without those 2 speaks volumes  and it can also speak to the comp you were playing. I,m not picking on Oleeagle or Cosby, they just struggle to field a solid team. I also think Unaka will handle them pretty well.

Think you guys are in for a tough one next week, WG is not a team you can count a W. 

We were down a few kids as well, wouldnt have made a huge difference i dont think though. #12 is a stud! wore us down over time. Two huge lineman mashing on us then trying too tackle that dude all night took its toll. We aren't bad at all right now. we have talent everywhere just not a lot of football guys. We have NO youth league and our Middle School program is just now starting to produce ball players. Years of kids playing their first ever football as freshman and sophomores has put us behind in the football IQ/attitude  department. We are on the way up i do believe though. We have got better every year for the last 3 seasons and participation is at an all time high. We won't be a pushover for any 1A schools outside of the top tier programs and they better come prepared for a tussle. 

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

We were down a few kids as well, wouldnt have made a huge difference i dont think though. #12 is a stud! wore us down over time. Two huge lineman mashing on us then trying too tackle that dude all night took its toll. We aren't bad at all right now. we have talent everywhere just not a lot of football guys. We have NO youth league and our Middle School program is just now starting to produce ball players. Years of kids playing their first ever football as freshman and sophomores has put us behind in the football IQ/attitude  department. We are on the way up i do believe though. We have got better every year for the last 3 seasons and participation is at an all time high. We won't be a pushover for any 1A schools outside of the top tier programs and they better come prepared for a tussle. 

Good to hear Oleeagle, Cloudland has Great Youth club Football. It makes a difference.

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

Good to hear Oleeagle, Cloudland has Great Youth club Football. It makes a difference.

My girls little brother is in 3rd grade and this is his 4th season.  The 3rd 4th, and 5th grade will make a run in high school.  Old eagle always has great weapons.  Once he gets the line play to the next level,  Cosby will be dangerous 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:24 AM, pujo said:

1st half stats , CD 11 Yards, minus 4 rushing and 0 1st downs, was still leading at the half 14 to 6.  CD did play better in the second half but the score is VERY misleading.  I'd say Unicoi will beat CD next week. We will have to play well to beat SG.

This didn't age well my friend :)

4 minutes ago, THE KING said:

They're a pretty good football team man.  I think you guys will win comfortably tonight 

They have some size and Throw the ball well, Unicoi had no answer for their passing game and figured out how to stop Edwards, it was no contest.  As far as our game, we better go in with our head on straight, SG is not a chump by any means.