Lewis County comes to the Da'Ville

cardfan

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

did scotts hill beat them that year?!

We did and gave Waverly all that they wanted in the quarterfinals (description of the "weather" game)...JMO, and I'll probably catch some flak for saying so, but Waverly was the best team in 2A that year too. Trezevant eliminated them in Memphis before beating Marion in Cookeville, but I thought that Waverly gave them a much better game.

12 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

We did and gave Waverly all that they wanted in the quarterfinals (description of the "weather" game)...JMO, and I'll probably catch some flak for saying so, but Waverly was the best team in 2A that year too. Trezevant eliminated them in Memphis before beating Marion in Cookeville, but I thought that Waverly gave them a much better game.

I remember this now. I think Richardson barely played in that Waverly Trez game. A week later he played almost every snap in Cookeville. I won't speculate on a Marion Waverly game in 16 but  I will say that sans Richardson Marion would've beaten Trez by 3 scores.                                

Edited by GeneralForrest

We have been through this debate in 2016. Everyone that had seen waverly Trez and Marion said waverly was the the better team. Even the trez posters.

It doesn’t matter anyways I just hold that team close to my heart. My son played his last snap in the that Memphis game and those young men played their butts off. Trez was investigated that year about grades I believe. Anyways …….. lol carry on folks. 

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

We have been through this debate in 2016. Everyone that had seen waverly Trez and Marion said waverly was the the better team. Even the trez posters.

this makes zero sense. trez BEAT you guys without their best player. not only was Trez hobbled tremendously,. Waverly still lost. were those trez fans all on oxycodone? thats some good stuff lemme tell you.  

if you're telling me the final shoudve been waverly marion due to the massive cheating at trez, you will get no argument here. 

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

this makes zero sense. trez BEAT you guys without their best player. not only was Trez hobbled tremendously,. Waverly still lost. were those trez fans all on oxycodone? thats some good stuff lemme tell you.

I was talking about the Trez fans was saying they thought waverly was better than Marion. I don’t think Richardson played that much in the that championship game either.

if you're telling me the final shoudve been waverly marion due to the massive cheating at trez, you will get no argument here. 

Yes that’s what I’m saying.  

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

That's the only thing for sure...that game should have happened, but it didn't and we'll never know who would have won.

Adamsville made some early mistakes and handed LC great field position, which they turned into a 20-0 advantage. Once the Cardinals got a handle on the ball, they sounded unstoppable...getting big chunks on the ground, and occasionally through the air. Big play with Adamsville inside the ten, LC pick six to end the half...might be enough to secure the win, but their D has to stop 17 on the ground or might get tight before it's over.

Score at the half 32-14, but a much better game than the score.

• Like 1