Games that aren't on anyone's schedule but we sure would like to see

ReitzFan

1 hour ago, GreatTiger said:

It would be fun to see a two year contract home/away between Copper Basin and Lake County.  Seven hours of travel inside State borders to get to the game.  Seven more hours home.  One full day for an away game.  It would be a fun memory for the teams.

When Copper Pan was competitive it would be.  14 to 18 hours for a beat down is a long way.

3 hours ago, GreatTiger said:

It would be fun to see a two year contract home/away between Copper Basin and Lake County.  Seven hours of travel inside State borders to get to the game.  Seven more hours home.  One full day for an away game.  It would be a fun memory for the teams.

You’re joking right? Lake County is a good team and props to them but this year consists of the worst copper basin fooseball team ever and as of now the future isn’t looking bright unless multiple big changes happen. Maybe in a few years sure but also maybe never.

3 hours ago, rlh said:

When Copper Pan was competitive it would be.  14 to 18 hours for a beat down is a long way.

I thought about that and you make a great point. Lake County has a strong program.  The counter that I thought would justify a likely mismatch is that Copper Basin has struggled to get wins.  What difference does it make if they take a loss to a great team from LC?  

I have a soft spot for Copper Basin.  Fayetteville played them a few years back in the first round. The CB players were tough but there weren't many of them.  We had been in that role only a couple of years prior.  It was not a close game but the Fayetteville fans were impressed with the team and the community that drove a long way for a likely mismatch.  We liked them in much the same way we like Gordy and their fans.  Some communities just click even when you are on opposite sides of a football field.  Anyway, I think a game across the State would be cool for Copper Basin because they get to have a big game experience.  They get an event game that may have media coverage to reward them for their dedication to their team and the sport we all love.  They would also be the darling in the game as an underdog.  Sometimes underdogs pull the upset and how sweet that is!  

Anyway, it's just a thought.  The big reason it would not be likely to happen is the cost of a trip like that.  $$$$$

Edited by GreatTiger