The Pitiful State of William Blount Football

GovForce1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:19 PM, GoPats2019 said:

William Blount’s region has never been the toughest in the state. 

For public school ball, yes it has been. Knoxville and surrounding areas produces a lot of state champs. Greeneville is only 45 minutes from Knoxville. Maryville is even closer. etc etc. Now for private school ball I don't know 

On 10/3/2022 at 3:10 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

If a WB student in the county goes to Maryville without moving inside the city it cost $2,400 for tuition. WB is totally surrounded by the city and walking distance to the school. If one of those city residents go to WB it's free. I know a handful of students that went to either WB or Heritage for a better chance to play. I can assure you none of the four schools are running over like a water faucet left on but you never hear of the city kids going to the county schools because their not winning.

Alcoa helps kids relocate. They have kids from Georgia and ####. Also, I knew a guy in Kingsport that Alcoa tried to recruit, and he said they were willing to help relocate and everything. Not sure how it's allowed. 

It would really be nice if William Blount and Sequoyah could arrange a bowl game at the end of the season so one of these schools could break their losing streak in the name of fun and fair play. No team deserves to lose every game for all the hard work these kids and coaches put in. Hope someone with pull will read and consider this. Since I came up with this idea we'll call it the Barney Bowl and I'll be more than happy to present the trophy to the winning team if all are on board.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It would really be nice if William Blount and Sequoyah could arrange a bowl game at the end of the season so one of these schools could break their losing streak in the name of fun and fair play. No team deserves to lose every game for all the hard work these kids and coaches put in. Hope someone with pull will read and consider this. Since I came up with this idea we'll call it the Barney Bowl and I'll be more than happy to present the trophy to the winning team if all are on board.

Barn, you would have to pay people to come watch this. And one of the teams goes 0-11.  That would be really suck.  

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

But one team get's a monkey off their back on a Saturday afternoon where the lights wouldn't even have to be turned on.

I've been a part of 0-10, and two 1-9's.  It absolutely sucks.  I remember just being relieved it was finally over.  My guess is that those kids are ready to turn in the gear and move on.

But I am all for the Barney Bowl.  Would you be in charge of concessions?  Proceeds to the players of the losing team for showing up one more time.  ha ha