The Pitiful State of William Blount Football

GovForce1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It would really be nice if William Blount and Sequoyah could arrange a bowl game at the end of the season so one of these schools could break their losing streak in the name of fun and fair play. No team deserves to lose every game for all the hard work these kids and coaches put in. Hope someone with pull will read and consider this. Since I came up with this idea we'll call it the Barney Bowl and I'll be more than happy to present the trophy to the winning team if all are on board.

I've been thinking and saying the same thing  it could be close enough to be a rivalry to honestly southern Blount County aint far from madisonville 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It would really be nice if William Blount and Sequoyah could arrange a bowl game at the end of the season so one of these schools could break their losing streak in the name of fun and fair play. No team deserves to lose every game for all the hard work these kids and coaches put in. Hope someone with pull will read and consider this. Since I came up with this idea we'll call it the Barney Bowl and I'll be more than happy to present the trophy to the winning team if all are on board.

The Toilet Bowl sponsored by Towsend’s own TC Enviromental

1 hour ago, GovForce1 said:

I just saw where Lenoir City upset Clinton. That's what the right coaching hire will do for a program. You will start seeing those milestones of improvement instead of a team that still can't tackle more than halfway through the season.

If you were the man in charge knowing the situation good as you do at WB who would you have liked to have hired and what would you do to get this program on the right track. Your a smart guy what would you do.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If you were the man in charge knowing the situation good as you do at WB who would you have liked to have hired and what would you do to get this program on the right track. Your a smart guy what would you do.

I would have brought Meadows back at the time we had the chance to or let Rick take over instead of Shad.  

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Interesting questions Barn. At this point, there are probably no right answers. I honestly believe one coach won’t make much of a difference unless he gets plenty of help both from asst coaches and admin. Sure, you might schedule Seymour and a girls school for a couple of wins, but I assume you are talking about a better overall program.

So two choices that I see: either pony up some cash to get some proven guys OR take chances on well connected guys and plan to pony up later to keep them. If you pay enough, they will come and/or stay. Without that commitment, they are simply pi$$ing in the wind. Its not possible they have hired so many bad head coaches, is it? I can’t help but think there is something more than who the head coach is. 
Right now, for where the program is and with the commitment BCS is willing to make, they may have the right guy and the only guy.

2 hours ago, strongx said:

Interesting questions Barn. At this point, there are probably no right answers. I honestly believe one coach won’t make much of a difference unless he gets plenty of help both from asst coaches and admin. Sure, you might schedule Seymour and a girls school for a couple of wins, but I assume you are talking about a better overall program.

So two choices that I see: either pony up some cash to get some proven guys OR take chances on well connected guys and plan to pony up later to keep them. If you pay enough, they will come and/or stay. Without that commitment, they are simply pi$$ing in the wind. Its not possible they have hired so many bad head coaches, is it? I can’t help but think there is something more than who the head coach is. 
Right now, for where the program is and with the commitment BCS is willing to make, they may have the right guy and the only guy.

Look at UT. Look at Lenoir City. Look at how WB was when Meadows was in charge. The right coach leading your program makes all the difference. UT was in the toilet. Now less than two years after the worst season in program history we are back in the top 10.  Remember Butch constantly talking about how it was a six-year process? I guess Heupel built on that brick foundation? Lol.  The point is things can turn around fast when you have the right coach. Lenoir City and UT being prime examples and maybe Heritage is in that category too. Who knows how good they can be with Osovet.

Edited by GovForce1

8 hours ago, GovForce1 said:

Look at UT. Look at Lenoir City. Look at how WB was when Meadows was in charge. The right coach leading your program makes all the difference. UT was in the toilet. Now less than two years after the worst season in program history we are back in the top 10.  Remember Butch constantly talking about how it was a six-year process? I guess Heupel built on that brick foundation? Lol.  The point is things can turn around fast when you have the right coach. Lenoir City and UT being prime examples and maybe Heritage is in that category too. Who knows how good they can be with Osovet.

Lenore City and f’n hairtage ain’t beat anybody worth a flip have they? WB should try to set the bar a little higher IMO. As for UT, I am guessing Heupel has a completely different staff than Butch did though I could be wrong. 
If the govs would offer the head coach 1/20 of what Heupel makes and quadruple the salaries of the asst coaching positions, I am confident the right guy would darken their door and good assistants would apply. Otherwise, with the current support, who would want it? The guy they have obviously wants to be there. BCS should find every way to support him. Spending a million to install fake grass for 50 students to play on 5 times a year shows how screwed up the priorities are IMO. 

On 10/6/2022 at 3:43 PM, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

Alcoa helps kids relocate. They have kids from Georgia and ####. Also, I knew a guy in Kingsport that Alcoa tried to recruit, and he said they were willing to help relocate and everything. Not sure how it's allowed. 

............you forgot the recruiting trip we had to Texas during the Bye week...........:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Close Alcoa and combine them with William Blount...lol

Pull up a Blount County Map and look at the Maryville City Limits around William Blount. If anything happens, it will be the Maryville City Annexing  William Blount high School, a County School. Mainly, to address the over crowding at Maryville High School. Maryville City School Buses pickup Students within a 1/4 mile from WB.

Last two years, Alcoa went from 655 to 682 students. Maryville.....1625 to 1775 increase.