Greeneville Football at Oak Ridge

noonesfool

38 minutes ago, catswild said:

I've been watching the same team that you've been watching. I understand that we are not blessed with great linemen, and I also realize that we've had injuries, and I'm sick of our fans (some of them) making excuses of our injuries. Are we the only team who has had many injuries? NO! It is not very becoming of OR football fans to be known as the "whining capital of the region"!!! Do you think anyone feels sorry for us...other than some of our own fans...he#$ NO!!!  It's time to shut up about injuries, shut up about officiating, and PLAY BALL !!!!!!!  And I do actually believe that if our players don't "buy in" to the excuses they here from so many directions, that OR will have a very good chance to win tonight! OR will have the best running back on the field tonight, OR will have the two best receivers on the field tonight, OR will have the best linebacker on the field tonight, OR will have the best defensive secondary on the field tonight, OR will have a great player in Jai Hundley on the field tonight, OR will have the superior punter and placekicker on the field tonight, and OR will have home field advantage tonight. Given all of that, I feel like my prediction has some merit...and I rest my case!!!!

Ad nauseum.  All these "best players on the field" don't have much of a chance behind what is left of our guys in the trenches.  Just watch who runs out there for o-line and d-line tonight.  There are a couple kids starting tonight that don't appear on the roster. 

And yes, I feel pretty sure that we ARE the only team in the area starting a 4th string center, two freshmen, a 170lb guard and a kid that isn't even listed on our roster!  If that's whining so be it.  And nobody but you cares what other people think of what I post on here.  I call it like I see it.  And what I see ain't good right now.  

Edited by oridgecat

4 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Ad nauseum.  All these "best players on the field" don't have much of a chance behind what is left of our guys in the trenches.  Just watch who runs out there for o-line and d-line tonight.  There are a couple kids starting tonight that don't appear on the roster. 

And yes, I feel pretty sure that we ARE the only team in the area starting a 4th string center, two freshmen, a 170lb guard and a kid that isn't even listed on our roster!  If that's whining so be it.  And nobody but you cares what other people think of what I post on here.  I call it like I see it.  And what I see ain't good right now.  

Not looking to be a pleasant evening in the Ridge…. Hopefully you all play an injury free game.

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Then I suggest getting them on the roster for starters. Also, you must be very closely connected to the coaching staff if you know that OR is going with their 4th string center tonight. The good news is that I'll bet most teams don't even have a 4th string center, so we're deeper than most. It's not really about YOU...it's the constant whining about injuries and penalties that so many OR fans and coaches talk about. Just like you seem to LOVE talking about injuries and making excuses, which is your right...it's also my right NOT to like the constant chatter and whining about injuries and penalties, which I'm assuming is also my right! One thing I'm sure we can agree on is BEAT GREENVILLE (although you don't think we can and I do) and RWR!!!!!

1 minute ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I like Oak Ridge to beat Greeneville 8-)  

OR   43

Greeneville  41

I think I know where you are going with this. We got hurt just like everybody else. So why are we whining and not sucking it up instead?

I don't know why.

Play hard, it is a strange shape ball and bounces funny. I think it’s Greeneville’s W. But I will be the first to congratulate you all, if you win. OR has a long and storied past and has played an excellent schedule so far. You will be a tough out.

• Upvote 1