William Blount at Dobyns-Bennett 10/14

TribalEmpire

14 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

WB asked to move to our region so they wouldn't have to play their cross town Rebs anymore and thought they'd have an easier time with our region. It hasn't quite worked out that way for the Govs. 

I hate to say, but I think they’d struggle in a solid 1A/2A conference, and that’s the God’s honest truth. Hate it for those kids. I honestly admire kids who are on teams like that, yet still come out and give it their best every Friday night against all odds. God bless ‘em.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

I'll tell you the problem. We've had to compete with other local schools for players for years, but now there's a new school in the mix in Eagleton. And Blount County Schools let our last coach take that job after running our program into the ground. The more I think about that the madder I get.  So what was WB's solution out of this? Hire a guy who has never won anywhere. It almost makes sense if you're asleep and not thinking about it. 

22 minutes ago, GovForce1 said:

I'll tell you the problem. We've had to compete with other local schools for players for years, but now there's a new school in the mix in Eagleton. And Blount County Schools let our last coach take that job after running our program into the ground. The more I think about that the madder I get.  So what was WB's solution out of this? Hire a guy who has never won anywhere. It almost makes sense if you're asleep and not thinking about it. 

Here in town, Fort Pierce Westwood finished last season winless, and their coach resigned in the spring. They hired a guy who had been an assistant somewhere a few years ago. His job the last few years? He was an on-air personality for the local ESPN Radio affiliate in West Palm Beach. This year Westwood is 5-2 so far...