Region 5A Early Predictions

utpoolman

10 hours ago, Lynnvegas said:

So does anyone know of Richland is gonna make up their game with City? 
I know it getting close to tourney time just curious. Would love to see it.. 

City game is a no go .. Rumor has it that the Raiders will travel to East Robertson Feb 11 to make that one up.. Current #3 vs #4 in the AP.. 

Both City and Richland dropping district contests on Tuesday.. Leaves City and Huntland tied in D9 and Richland / Santa Fe tied in D10..

Wayne Co my still have some say in how the regular season standings end up. but most would see Tuesdays SF/Richland game being for the regular season crown.

City and Huntland will play next friday which could also be the deciding game. However , Huntland has a big district test tonight with MC..

6 hours ago, utpoolman said:

Both City and Richland dropping district contests on Tuesday.. Leaves City and Huntland tied in D9 and Richland / Santa Fe tied in D10..

Wayne Co my still have some say in how the regular season standings end up. but most would see Tuesdays SF/Richland game being for the regular season crown.

City and Huntland will play next friday which could also be the deciding game. However , Huntland has a big district test tonight with MC..

In addition to Richland game Tuesday, SF will travel to WC Friday night. SF and Richland have definitely been more consistent than WC this year. Although overall record of 10-9 for WC, they are 8-3 at home. Should be an interesting week ahead for D10.

On 1/31/2023 at 8:56 PM, Wildcat1995 said:

Richland isn’t a Top 5 team. They aren’t even the best team in the District. Our Cats will prove that Wednesday night on Richland’s home floor. Game on!

This didn’t age well... pretty sure the Raiders proved everything they needed to tonight.. The raiders have been plagued with the flu bug for almost 2 weeks.. no excuses but it is what it is .. they’re 3-1 with the flu and missing starters.. they might not be top 5 ( we will find out at east Robertson) but they walk away tonight as season d10 champs .. now just gotta be healthy in the tournament and show out..Best of luck to the Cats..

• 2 weeks later...