Sevier County visits Heritage

BarneySox2007

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

looks to me like Sevier County let go of the wrong guy on the offensive side.  Man, they are not good.  

I watched the first half of that game before the big blackout happened and what I seen was a team that had a great running qb but the passing game wasn't there at all but I have not had time to go back and watch the second half which I only seen the last few minutes. Seemed like every time they threw a pass that was where the drive got stalled out plus a mile in penalties.

Since I was at another ballgame and watching this one on my phone I just decided to re-watch the whole thing last night incase I missed anything while jumping through those annoying car commercials last night. This was a good game just as I expected and didn't realize SC 's starting qb was out and ran a wildcat package most of the night with a pretty good Athlete that was switched over to that position that really could run the ball good and was most of their offense. Overall Sevier shouldn't have left there with a loss but penalties were one right after another especially after key plays. SC clearly had the better players which may be the reason one poster said I'll have to see it to believe it if Heritage wins. The key moment in the game was at the 5:20 mark of the fourth quarter when Sevier had it at their own 31 4th and one leading 13-9 and went for it instead of punting and got stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Heritage then drove for a touchdown making it 16-13. With 1;35 left SC had the ball starting and threw a 52 yard pass to a kid wide open down field to the 29 then two false starts backed the up 10 yards and a qb sack of 6 more and their at the 45 just like that. The ballgame ended with SC throwing an interception from there. I knew when Osovet got that job he could take a lesser high school program like Heritage and squeeze a couple of wins out of them on smarts alone but Friday was a clear example. Key plays in the game was the two interceptions for Heritage and the big stop on the 31or Sevier would have left with a win.

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Since I was at another ballgame and watching this one on my phone I just decided to re-watch the whole thing last night incase I missed anything while jumping through those annoying car commercials last night. This was a good game just as I expected and didn't realize SC 's starting qb was out and ran a wildcat package most of the night with a pretty good Athlete that was switched over to that position that really could run the ball good and was most of their offense. Overall Sevier shouldn't have left there with a loss but penalties were one right after another especially after key plays. SC clearly had the better players which may be the reason one poster said I'll have to see it to believe it if Heritage wins. The key moment in the game was at the 5:20 mark of the fourth quarter when Sevier had it at their own 31 4th and one leading 13-9 and went for it instead of punting and got stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Heritage then drove for a touchdown making it 16-13. With 1;35 left SC had the ball starting and threw a 52 yard pass to a kid wide open down field to the 29 then two false starts backed the up 10 yards and a qb sack of 6 more and their at the 45 just like that. The ballgame ended with SC throwing an interception from there. I knew when Osovet got that job he could take a lesser high school program like Heritage and squeeze a couple of wins out of them on smarts alone but Friday was a clear example. Key plays in the game was the two interceptions for Heritage and the big stop on the 31or Sevier would have left with a win.

The former starting QB at SC was not out, they made the switch after the William Blount game when #2 ran all over Billy Bob and is still the best option IMO. The offense is absolutely horrible, if not for a great effort from their defense missing their star LB, it would have been much worse. I thought that GP was the worst program in the county after watching the county jamboree but they sure appear to be the best by a landslide.

Edited by pftigersfan1

5 hours ago, pftigersfan1 said:

The former starting QB at SC was not out, they made the switch after the William Blount game when #2 ran all over Billy Bob and is still the best option IMO. The offense is absolutely horrible, if not for a great effort from their defense missing their star LB, it would have been much worse. I thought that GP was the worst program in the county after watching the county jamboree but they sure appear to be the best by a landslide.

The announcer on Diamond Clear mentioned their transfer qb from G-P was out and number 2 was taking his place. After watching the game my 2 cents worth is that they do have some great players at Sevier County and plenty of size and speed. They really did out play Heritage in the grand scheme of things but the penalties and taking a chance on that first down did them in. Me personally I was for Heritage because that fan base has been to ale and back the past 34 years and finally time for those folks to enjoy winning for a change.

9 hours ago, pftigersfan1 said:

Very good take on things.  QB that started the season was pulled due to struggling.  SC going with an athlete at QB now.  He giving them the best chance to win some games.  SC isn’t as good as team as they were last year.  They lost their QB and strong supporting cast.  I didn’t believe it has anything to do with the OC or HC.  They simply don’t have a QB that can throw the ball.  The season started was thought to be by didn’t pan out.  Not coaching.  Coaches have done a good job with what they have had to work with at the QB spot. Amazing they have won as many games as they have.  Besides West, this region is way down. 

8 hours ago, Fan413 said:

Very good take on things.  QB that started the season was pulled due to struggling.  SC going with an athlete at QB now.  He giving them the best chance to win some games.  SC isn’t as good as team as they were last year.  They lost their QB and strong supporting cast.  I didn’t believe it has anything to do with the OC or HC.  They simply don’t have a QB that can throw the ball.  The season started was thought to be by didn’t pan out.  Not coaching.  Coaches have done a good job with what they have had to work with at the QB spot. Amazing they have won as many games as they have.  Besides West, this region is way down. 

I've got a lot of good friends from Sevier County that have got a taste of winning a championship back in 99 and getting there again in 2015 tell me football up there since has been like going from eating at Bullfish Grill to Krystal's and being told we have picked your coach and your lucky to have that so shut up and watch. I'm going to give you guys a suggestion, my gut tells me ETSU and GQ marriage will come to an end after next year in an ugly divorce and I see him maybe landing back into the waters he swam so good in before. I wouldn't miss out on that catch for nothing even if toes are stepped on to do so. Now that's just Barney's opinion.

Edited by BarneySox2007

9 hours ago, Fan413 said:

I do believe it all started going downhill with the exit of the QB coach, the young man he had been grooming and was probably going to be the starter as a freshman left and went to Catholic. He has since returned to the county and is now at Northview but hasn't been cleared yet. I believe the outlook on this season would be completely different than it is currently with him under center. The SC defense is very good sans the game against West but they've made a lot of teams look really bad this year.

28 minutes ago, pftigersfan1 said:

I do believe it all started going downhill with the exit of the QB coach, the young man he had been grooming and was probably going to be the starter as a freshman left and went to Catholic. He has since returned to the county and is now at Northview but hasn't been cleared yet. I believe the outlook on this season would be completely different than it is currently with him under center. The SC defense is very good sans the game against West but they've made a lot of teams look really bad this year.

This!

5 hours ago, pftigersfan1 said:

The kid you speak of didn’t have a chance of being the starting QB as a freshman.  He wasn’t ready for the job.  He was competing against a Jr who was the returning starter, more seasoned, and better.  That kid actually thought he had a chance to start at SC as a freshman and as a sophomore at Catholic.  Delusional at best. Coach Raga is a good coach but the kid wasn’t ready and wasn’t going to start.  He would be now if he had waited his time.  

I know what I speak of as well. My son was on that team.  

15 minutes ago, Fan413 said:

The kid you speak of didn’t have a chance of being the starting QB as a freshman.  He wasn’t ready for the job.  He was competing against a Jr who was the returning starter, more seasoned, and better.  That kid actually thought he had a chance to start at SC as a freshman and as a sophomore at Catholic.  Delusional at best. Coach Raga is a good coach but the kid wasn’t ready and wasn’t going to start.  He would be now if he had waited his time.  

I know what I speak of as well. My son was on that team.  

Agreed, I was off by a year with him starting. Colin was a good qb and could have been a good mentor for how to handle and go about things. It’s hard to win a game when the offense doesn’t finish drives in the red zone. Friday will be a test with Campbell County coming in as well, will they be able to keep up with them because I expect CC to put some points on the board. 

• Like 1