Cocke County at West

WestHigh4Life

20 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

The same reason Maryville fans posted threads of all the teams they played over the years whether it would be a game or not.

Besides I was curious what people thoughts were on the questions that were asked.

This one will get out of hand quickly for my beloved Fighting Cocks. I haven't lived there in over 40 years, but I keep up with them and the program is a former shell of itself. Great head coach, just not much to work with for many, many years. I think they move down to 4A next year, not that it will help a whole lot.  I'm picking West to win it all this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

Was it really just 50-0 in the first quarter?

They had to shorten the quarters to 8 mins and ran the clock after halftime.

Feel for those kids from Cocke County and sadly if u watched the difference in physicallity of both teams, it was night and day.

Reminded me of Byshop Sycamore vs IMG

2 hours ago, Whs1984 said:

Yeah with 3 mins left this region is bad 

West has shutout all of their region opponents to this point...has that ever happened before?

On 10/14/2022 at 8:04 PM, Whs1984 said:

Yeah with 3 mins left this region is bad 

Every year this region is bad. Central won back to back championships and the region was bad. West will most likely win the state this year and the region is bad. Goes to my point, strengthen of schedule means nothing. You have the horses or you don't!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Every year this region is bad. Central won back to back championships and the region was bad. West will most likely win the state this year and the region is bad. Goes to my point, strengthen of schedule means nothing. You have the horses or you don't!

Dawgs you are correct. Remove Region 1 4A Greeneville and Elizabethton, it is a terrible region. But I see a formula for success. 1. Schedule solid teams outside your region (sometimes their worse or better 2 years later but it is out of your control when you schedule). The weaker region teams allow you to play your 2nds and 3rds. The younger ones get to play and think their bad to the bone. The veterans are protected from possible injuries.

Edited by noonesfool

1 minute ago, noonesfool said:

Dawgs you are correct. Remove Region  1 4A Greeneville and Elizabethton it is a terrible region. But I see a formula for success. 1. Schedule solid teams outside your region (sometimes their worse or better 2 years later but it is out of your control when you schedule. The weaker region teams allow you to play your 2nds and 3rds. The younger ones get to play and think their bad to the bone. The veterans are protected from possible injuries.

You nailed it! Maryville has lived for years on the fact that they were able to play 2nds and 3rds most games in the second halves. Can't beat playing time!