Meigs Co. @ Tyner 10/14/2022

Yeti

• Yeti changed the title to Meigs Co. @ Tyner 10/14/2022
12 minutes ago, Rams6750 said:

Meigs is the best team we faced this season so far. Gonna be a good one for sure

We have gotten better as the season has progressed, but we may be a year away competing against a team like you field this year. You are definitely the best team we will face in the regular season.

54 minutes ago, Yeti said:

We have gotten better as the season has progressed, but we may be a year away competing against a team like you field this year. You are definitely the best team we will face in the regular season.

Meigs has definitely improved a lot since the first few games, but will have to play error-free football to even have a slim chance against Tyner.... in my opinion.

Improving Meigs team will be Tyner's biggest test yet I believe.  Tyner defense has been hard to drive the length of the field against - Bledsoe had most success and scored the first TD our starters have allowed.  If Tyner protects against trick play like you pulled last year and doesn't give up turnovers to create short fields the Rams will be hard to beat.  Got to play the game on the field and strange things happen.  This is a solid- senior led Tyner team that should be hungry to lock up a region championship Friday night.  Go Rams!

29 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Meigs has definitely improved a lot since the first few games, but will have to play error-free football to even have a slim chance against Tyner.... in my opinion.

Last year Tyner was in a reversed role with a young team and did a great job matching up against us. Hopefully we can do the same and make them work for it.

22 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Improving Meigs team will be Tyner's biggest test yet I believe.  Tyner defense has been hard to drive the length of the field against - Bledsoe had most success and scored the first TD our starters have allowed.  If Tyner protects against trick play like you pulled last year and doesn't give up turnovers to create short fields the Rams will be hard to beat.  Got to play the game on the field and strange things happen.  This is a solid- senior led Tyner team that should be hungry to lock up a region championship Friday night.  Go Rams!

Bledsoe and Meigs are comparable in playstyles. I think I read somewhere you had 2 pick sixes against Bledsoe. Hopefully we aren't forced to throw against a secondary that good lol. 

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Bledsoe and Meigs are comparable in playstyles. I think I read somewhere you had 2 pick sixes against Bledsoe. Hopefully we aren't forced to throw against a secondary that good lol. 

Had 2 pick sixes against Marion week 3 but not against Bledsoe.  I think we had one INT. against Bledsoe and may have dropped a few other potential ones but none returned for TDs.  Bledsoe's senior running back - #22 played really well against us - had their one score on a reception in which he broke some tackles and worked his way into the end zone.  That kid-22-got after the Rams all night on both sides of the ball - but Tyner has some dudes and steadily pulled away.  Didn't get to running clock til late in the game and think that will help us against Meigs and in the playoffs to get a four quarter test.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Had 2 pick sixes against Marion week 3 but not against Bledsoe.  I think we had one INT. against Bledsoe and may have dropped a few other potential ones but none returned for TDs.  Bledsoe's senior running back - #22 played really well against us - had their one score on a reception in which he broke some tackles and worked his way into the end zone.  That kid-22-got after the Rams all night on both sides of the ball - but Tyner has some dudes and steadily pulled away.  Didn't get to running clock til late in the game and think that will help us against Meigs and in the playoffs to get a four quarter test.

That kid was really good. I hope we don't disappoint.