The Ridge (OR) vs The Injuns of Dobyns-Bennett

SweetScience

19 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

I like the Ridge by a half trickle…

too many athletes in the Atomic City

DB does a great job at setting up run fits and short "pass" fits-screens, swings, etc. You have to do what Science Hill has done in recent years and get your athletes the ball through the air, which a lot of coaches aren't willing to do a whole lot. 

19 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Wow, I blew that one.   Okay, let's go 9-1 as a possibility?      You guys have had a phenomenal season especially considering pre-season expectations.      It was believed that DB would be mediocre based on graduating too many seniors last year.    Regardless of what happens in the playoffs the regular season has been fantastic.

The senior class of 2022 was pretty weak in football except for Levi Evans who is now at UT Martin, probably about to get smacked by Big Orange today. I don't know why people try to say this every year about a lot of teams. If anything 2021 was the year to say that for DB, and they still did decent.

We had the momentum after the safety but the fumble on the kickoff return gave the momentum back to DB, and that changed everything. Neither team is anything like they were in the good old days but DB did what they had to in order to win a game between two average teams. Our talent is exceptional but our team is only fair. Too many penalties (the delay of game is a staple of our offense and the unsportsmanlike is a staple of our team) to beat a decent team. On to Campbell County who I expect to beat just like we beat Karns! RWR!!!

Game went about as I thought, but the Wildcats made a nice run at it after recovering that fumble late in the half that could have put DB up 21-0, instead the Wildcats got all the way to the DB 15 and got a 32-yard field goal to make it 14-10.  Second half they won 9-7 but the big play was the fumble on the after safety kickoff which took away their chance of going down and getting a touchdown or a field goal to take the lead, I thought the officials were a little flag happy both ways 32 penalties, some were really killers. OR must now move on and play a pass heavy Campbell County team, which has had a good season so far and beat the Sevier County Smokin Bears in a firefight last night, The winner gets a second place finish in the playoffs and a home field game first round, the loser goes in as a 3 or 4 team and who knows where down I-75.  Cats must continue to work hard and cut down on penalties and turnovers if they are going to make a playoff run, DB has a good shot to get over the Maryville hump, but first they must win at a place they have struggled, Steve Spurrier Field in Johnson City. 

Yeah Cactus Jack we played close to even first half. Just a couple of blown coverages. somebody was asleep on a couple of pass plays. Third quarter was ours and the wheels came off in the fourth. I question why it takes so long to get plays in and then get the ball snapped. Like they say up in the stands "Just snap the darn ball"! One game left and we're still making first game mistakes, come on guys get your head in the game. There I've said it! Now let/s go skin some cougars!! Open a can of Wildcat Whoop #### on them!

WILDCAT PRIDE

7 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

told yall db has oak ridges number now under Coach Christian. yall didnt believe me. now if he can just stop getting whooped by Science Hill every year... 

You are obviously joking.  Christian does not have Oak Ridge's number. 

He has Graham Clark's number. I saw him calling Clark 3 times for advice. As usual, the plays didn't go well.

10 minutes ago, orangeandwhite said:

It definitely was a strange game DB didn’t look like the same team that played Greeneville. I certainly think play calling is the main problem. And the dreaded penalties…

Wildcats had a little bit to do with it, I think. Besides the opening run, which was called back for holding, DB had tough sledding in the run game. Sometimes you just got to give the other team credit. I know we’re not as good as usual, but we’re no pushover either. DB did what they had to do to win, though, so credit to them.

30 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Wildcats had a little bit to do with it, I think. Besides the opening run, which was called back for holding, DB had tough sledding in the run game. Sometimes you just got to give the other team credit. I know we’re not as good as usual, but we’re no pushover either. DB did what they had to do to win, though, so credit to them.

Nobody giving the Atomic City any credit. They might surprise some folks in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I wasn’t throwing off on Oak Ridge, I was just explaining what I observed about DB. I think with the skill players that OR had they should have beat DB.
lighten up everyone isn’t against OR