The Ridge (OR) vs The Injuns of Dobyns-Bennett

SweetScience

13 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

So Powell, OR, and CC are really good football teams?

Maybe I need to stop trusting what Packer and Price say on Thursday nights.

Each of them have things they do really well and other glaring issues.  Powell is getting healthy again and have the skill sets on O but their D is mediocre.  Oak Ridge has the athletes but don't have a dominate line play on either side of the ball.  CC is great offensively but doesn't have a defense just like Karns.  The most well rounded team in this area and who I would say is a really good football team has been Knox West, athletes that can score and a D that has been nasty all year long

Always take what Packer says with a grain of Salt, he puts on a good broadcast but as a former coach has me scratching my head every week with some of his comments.

My friend David Hoover from Kingsport has written a really good book on the 100 year history of Dobyns-Bennett football. He covers a lot of the past Oak Ridge vs DB games and there have been some classics since the series started in 1960.  There have been some upsets too. I think if you check online you can find it and order you a copy, it is a good read. 

7 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

My friend David Hoover from Kingsport has written a really good book on the 100 year history of Dobyns-Bennett football. He covers a lot of the past Oak Ridge vs DB games and there have been some classics since the series started in 1960.  There have been some upsets too. I think if you check online you can find it and order you a copy, it is a good read. 

Hmmm.  Found it.

https://www.wordofmouthpress.us/product/100-years-of-glory-1921-2021/

15 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Is there an OR Frosh/JV game tonight, anybody?

Sorry I'm late SS but yes.  there was a JV game last night. OR won 28-14, My great grand Boy scored 3 tds but one was called back so pretty good night. And the cold wind has arrived up to "The Ship" man it was cutting down from the practice field then it would switch around and come from towards Big Ed's and drive Ya crazy with the smell. Good game but cold night. 

There was a  freshman JV game to be played with Campbell County but it was cancelled. So their season is over.

19 minutes ago, bounder said:

Sorry I'm late SS but yes.  there was a JV game last night. OR won 28-14, My great grand Boy scored 3 tds but one was called back so pretty good night. And the cold wind has arrived up to "The Ship" man it was cutting down from the practice field then it would switch around and come from towards Big Ed's and drive Ya crazy with the smell. Good game but cold night. 

There was a  freshman JV game to be played with Campbell County but it was cancelled. So their season is over.

Thank ya, Papa B. Your grandson sounds like a future star for the Cats. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 2:36 PM, Cactus Jack said:

If Oak Ridge can keep the turnovers and penalties down and the defense can hold their own, they have a slight chance to win, maybe benefiting from a DB turnover. More than likely the DB lines are better and that may make the difference. Oak Ridge looked a lot better against Karns but Karns defense is as bad as their offense is good. I think the game kind of hit OR back on the right track after Greeneville and Powell. DB has really only had one tough opponent Greeneville, which they were within a two point try of a win. It will be close, but it’s at J. Fred so I will go with DB maybe 21-14.

CJ, I agree this should be a close game, my take is I could see it being 7 points or less either way.