The Ridge (OR) vs The Injuns of Dobyns-Bennett

SweetScience

If Oak Ridge can keep the turnovers and penalties down and the defense can hold their own, they have a slight chance to win, maybe benefiting from a DB turnover. More than likely the DB lines are better and that may make the difference. Oak Ridge looked a lot better against Karns but Karns defense is as bad as their offense is good. I think the game kind of hit OR back on the right track after Greeneville and Powell. DB has really only had one tough opponent Greeneville, which they were within a two point try of a win. It will be close, but it’s at J. Fred so I will go with DB maybe 21-14.

13 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

You don’t think Karns is a really good football team?

Not at all, I think they have a favorable schedule early.  They have Bishop and Tarewater but if you can’t stop an offense you should never think your a good football team.  It’s like a Goose crapping  through screen door, can’t stop anything 

Just now, Swipes said:

Not at all, I think they have a favorable schedule early.  They have Bishop and Tarewater but if you can’t stop an offense you should never think your a good football team.  It’s like a Goose crapping  through screen door, can’t stop anything 

Good analogy, and agree. That defense is just gawd awful. And there’s no excuse really, because they have some big ole boys on that Dline, as well as some good athletes.

6 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

DB fans will the Indians live stream Friday's game with Oak Ridge?

David " Voice of the Wildcats " Clary said he was going to ask DB if the Oak Ridge TV/Radio Broadcast team could stream the game live.

RWR! For The Ridge! Gonna win this game for ya, baby!

DB streams home games on Youtube. 

9 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

DB fans will the Indians live stream Friday's game with Oak Ridge?

David " Voice of the Wildcats " Clary said he was going to ask DB if the Oak Ridge TV/Radio Broadcast team could stream the game live.

RWR! For The Ridge! Gonna win this game for ya, baby!

Yes on youtube and the quality is top notch. If you can't make it to J Fred that is a way better alternative, radio broadcast will be live on there with the stream as well.

The livestream IS as good as it gets for HS football.  High Def, replays, good professional narration, multiple cams, halftime coverage, pre-game field activities.  But that kind of thing is never as good as being there. I'm looking forward to going. 

Head over to the home side to view the half time show. The show just won a regional competition at Bands of America and will be taken to Indianapolis for Grand Nationals in November. I'm not too keen on some of the glitzy stuff but it is something to see.

On 10/16/2022 at 12:21 AM, Swipes said:

Got ya. I just hear everyone talk about how great this region is and how tough it is. I assumed if you finished in the top 4, you were a really good football team. 

20 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

Got ya. I just hear everyone talk about how great this region is and how tough it is. I assumed if you finished in the top 4, you were a really good football team. 

They’d be a pretty good team, if they had anything resembling a defense, but unfortunately for them, they don’t. Sadly, after this season and Bishop gone they’ll probably go back to being the region cellar dwellers they’ve always been.