52nd Annual Musket Bowl

NETNSportsFan

Based on the Twitter video, it deployed but failed somehow... didn't slow him down much.  Somehow this video as of about 10 minutes ago is still up even with the news he passed... As Pioneers said, it was classless the lady posted it in the first place.  It was clear based on the video, that at the very least you had just witnessed a very critical situation.

10 hours ago, Pioneers1982 said:

The game shouldn’t been played tonight it was horrific. My nephew leads Crockett student section he had to go to his car he was shaken up so bad. Whoever posted the video on Twitter on your side is just pathetic.

A lot of people witnessed it up close, I would wager most of them were young people.   It is not going to be an easy thing for them.   As Formerblazer mentioned above, I just dont' even know what to say.   I really feel for your nephew and all the other students affected.

8 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Based on the Twitter video, it deployed but failed somehow... didn't slow him down much.  Somehow this video as of about 10 minutes ago is still up even with the news he passed... As Pioneers said, it was classless the lady posted it in the first place.  It was clear based on the video, that at the very least you had just witnessed a very critical situation.

After seeing him hit the ground I knew instantly there is no way anyone could survive that.   Everywhere around me a lot of people were crying, it is just bad no matter how you look at.     I just really feel for the young people who were in very close proximity of where it happened, that's going to take a lot of time to process for them

40 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

After seeing him hit the ground I knew instantly there is no way anyone could survive that.   Everywhere around me a lot of people were crying, it is just bad no matter how you look at.     I just really feel for the young people who were in very close proximity of where it happened, that's going to take a lot of time to process for them

I agree with you Blazer. I can’t believe Superintendent of Schools went ahead and played last night. I know one thing it sure didn’t feel like a Musket Bowl.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:04 AM, Pioneers1982 said:

I agree with you Blazer. I can’t believe Superintendent of Schools went ahead and played last night. I know one thing it sure didn’t feel like a Musket Bowl.

Yea, probably should have postponed the game. Those students will forever be effected by this. Crazy circumstance. 

10 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Yea, probably should have postponed the game. Those students will forever be effected by this. Crazy circumstance. 

I remember after the 9/11 catastrophe, there was a lot of debate about playing vs. not playing sporting events.     Good arguments on either side.     I can tell you this, it just didn't feel much like football after what we witnessed.    But at the same time we all have to move on in some way.     Probably no perfect way to deal with this tragedy and someone had to make a decision in a very short amount of time with limited facts.        And you're right, this is going to be hard for the kids to process.....