Last football game at Hillwood is this week

nrgrizzlies

On 10/21/2022 at 3:46 PM, nrgrizzlies said:

The only butt-hurt over that name that I know of are the people in Bellevue who are still butt-hurt over having an almost new high school turned into a middle school and all the senior high kids bussed to HHS in the early 80's.  I can understand their frustration back then but this is a lifetime later.  And anybody who can afford to live near Hillwood in this era and actually has kids young enough to be in school (not many fit that demographic) send the kids to $$$$$ private schools anyway.  Not public schools.

The Bellevue kids make up a great portion of the enrollment. Not many coming from the Nations now that it has become Hipsterville. Charlotte Pike corridor gives them some edgy kids and some of Bordeaux. 

Very few kids that live around the Hillwood campus went there 20 years ago. Nothing has changed there. Also, the largest portion of kids in the two academic magnets (Hume Fogg and MLK) come from the Hillwood cluster.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

On 10/21/2022 at 3:46 PM, nrgrizzlies said:

The only butt-hurt over that name that I know of are the people in Bellevue who are still butt-hurt over having an almost new high school turned into a middle school and all the senior high kids bussed to HHS in the early 80's.  I can understand their frustration back then but this is a lifetime later.  And anybody who can afford to live near Hillwood in this era and actually has kids young enough to be in school (not many fit that demographic) send the kids to $$$$$ private schools anyway.  Not public schools.

And from my understanding, they polled the current students also and they chose James Lawson. People saying it’s left wing but to most it’s just a school name. Folks commenting saying that they’re done and not making any donations anymore smh. Good luck to the new traditions and the new alumni of JL.