Tullahoma Travels to Greenbrier

PercyPeabody

12 hours ago, DANR said:

Nice win for the Bobcats. What are their playoff chances looking like?

If Greenbrier defeats Marshall Co AND Lawrence Co defeats Creek Wood, Greenbrier would jump to #2 in the region. 

If Greenbrier defeats Marshall Co AND Creek Wood wins, Greenbrier would finish #4. 

Tullahoma, Hillwood, Glencliff, and Montgomery Central have been eliminated. 

You've got 5 teams fighting for four spots. Due to tie breakers I believe LC would still have a way in if things fell a certain way. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Greenbrier has not captured a spot. 

If Greenbrier, Lawrence Co, and Creekwood all end with a region record of 5-3, I believe Greenbrier would be the odd man out due to overall record comparison which I believe is the 2nd tie breaker after the head to head matchup.

Got all that? Clear as mud LOL 

Screenshot 2022-10-22 9.50.30 AM.png

Edited by PercyPeabody

Tullahoma is going to 5A next 3yrs. . Not Good other than traveling and playing local teams. Jus my opinion but i believe remaining in 4A really improved their position IF they make the Playoffs. No Way they Win a St Champ in 5A last season. Powell or Page would have dominated them easily. . So yea getting the traditional close rivalry games with FC and LCHS will be awesome but their enrollment is considerably less. Tullahoma is ultimately better off in 4A playing schools of similar size both in the season and ultimately playoffs than dealing with the bigger 5A schools. 
Tullahoma is going to struggle completing in 5A. FACT

On 10/22/2022 at 10:14 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

Tullahoma is going to 5A next 3yrs. . Not Good other than traveling and playing local teams. Jus my opinion but i believe remaining in 4A really improved their position IF they make the Playoffs. No Way they Win a St Champ in 5A last season. Powell or Page would have dominated them easily. . So yea getting the traditional close rivalry games with FC and LCHS will be awesome but their enrollment is considerably less. Tullahoma is ultimately better off in 4A playing schools of similar size both in the season and ultimately playoffs than dealing with the bigger 5A schools. 

Most of what you say is reasonable and makes sense, except for........."No Way they Win a St Champ in 5A last season."  In fact, they could've not only won 5A, but could have competed against both 6A teams last year.  FACTS.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:14 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

They win 5A last year easier then 4A last year! FACT!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hollowman said:

Most of what you say is reasonable and makes sense, except for........."No Way they Win a St Champ in 5A last season."  In fact, they could've not only won 5A, but could have competed against both 6A teams last year.  FACTS.

I watched the 6A State Game last year and Tullahoma would have gotten the breaks beat off by either. 5A might have been a good game. But traditionally 5A is a different animal than 4A most seasons. 

22 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I watched the 6A State Game last year and Tullahoma would have gotten the breaks beat off by either. 5A might have been a good game. But traditionally 5A is a different animal than 4A most seasons. 

I too watched that game, that night, after watching T-town beat Betsy.  Tullahoma could have easily hung with both of those teams.  11 on 11, I would've taken taken Tullahoma.  Tullahoma would've ONLY been beaten when it came down non-starters, as is evident with what we've fielded this year.  I know there was NOT a team in the state that would've "beaten the brakes off of Tullahoma" last season.  That's a fact. But then again, we'll never know.....so this is pointless.